ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Run scope monitor and program monitor side by side

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Gorbach
Run scope monitor and program monitor side by side
on Nov 27, 2010 at 5:24:52 pm

Hello folks,

Just workin in with colorista II in Premiere CS5 - It´s great. I´m used from Final Cut, that in Color Correction Workspace the scope and "canvas" - program monitor is shown side by side - what makes perfect sense, cause while correcting it´s pretty improtant to see what you are doing in the scopes and what you change on the video itself.

I`ve read the post form 2007, where it says, that this is just not possible in premiere. So as time passed by, hope that this is maybe possible now with cs5.

But so far, I couldn´t get this working.

Anbody any idea?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Run scope monitor and program monitor side by side
on Nov 27, 2010 at 7:11:07 pm

Under Window/Workspace you will find Color Correction. Try that.
Or set up your own workspace.

Return to posts index

Felix Gorbach
on Nov 28, 2010 at 8:53:43 am

This was the first thing I tried. But even with the Color Correction Workspace in CS5 there are is no scope view and programm monitor side by side.
What I have to do to work in the legal color range is to correct with my tools in the program monitor - that it "looks" great, than switch (in the same monitor) to the scope view and check if the colors are "legal" (- in terms for tv broadcast) and if not - bring in this view the colors to the legal range - check back in the programm monitor if it still looks great (in most cases through the changes not) change there again - check again in the sourcview... and thats a pretty aNnoying workflow.

In AE´s Color Finesse there are the scopes and "program" monitor side by side - and I thing in apples color as well... but hey folks - there is such a good color correction tool in premiere with colorista II - Is there realy no way to get the scopes side by side with the program monitor?

All I need is just a second program monitor that I can change (upper right corner) to the scope view - and thats all. Tried of corse with to get this witch the windows menu - and tried to arrange an own workspace... but I couldn`t work it out...

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Nov 28, 2010 at 10:45:35 am

I do all my CC in PPro and have the arrangement you seek. It's not as "straight forward" as setting the CC workspace as that is not set up for the Scopes side by side with the monitor. You will need to manually set this up and save your own workspace.

When you first ask to use the Color Correction workspace you will be given the Reference monitor, which shows up as a duplicate of the Program Monitor. It's the "Reference Panel" (shows up on the bottom right as default to CC workspace) that you want to "setup" the scopes with.

Select the RGB circles icon (Output) and select the type of scope/s you want to see (I use the "YC Waveform" mostly). Then grab the top left edge as circled in the attached screen shot to move the panel to a space where it can be larger and easier to read the scope values.

Hope this is what you are after. :)

- Jon Barrie

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Felix Gorbach
on Nov 28, 2010 at 10:59:38 am

Wow - thanks a lot for this great idea and the screenshots. I think I´m already there :)
I tried to use the Reference monitor - as a reference monitor - to see a clip that i graded and to match the current clip to the clip in the reference monitor - (the upper left place where the source monitor lives) would be great for the scopes and keeping the referencemonitor for it´s dedicated use - but I guess I can´t have it all. Thanks a lot - was just watching Apples Color tutorial... hope I don´t need that anymore :)

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Felix

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Dec 2, 2010 at 3:10:04 pm

All you need to do is arrange the panels the way you want them and save the workspace.

All my workspaces have permanent reference monitors that run diagnostics.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]