ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Media Encoder - won't continue after first render

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shirey
Adobe Media Encoder - won't continue after first render
on Oct 27, 2010 at 3:51:39 pm

We've recently made the switch to Premiere Pro CS5 on Win7 systems and are having some problems. When we put more than one sequence to render to mpeg2 in Adobe Media Encoder, it'll render the first file fine, but when it finishes and says loading on the second one, it just hangs. The program doesn't lock up, you can still hit pause/continue but it won't actually continue. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know of a fix?

On an unrelated note, is there any way to disable these massive conform audio files? I've never had any problem playing back audio in real time in other NLE's and I can't fathom a reason why I'd need 12gb worth of audio files when the audio is already pcm 48000 from the camera.

Return to posts index

Adam Young
Re: Adobe Media Encoder - won't continue after first render
on Oct 28, 2010 at 2:06:46 am

I used to have problems with encoder, but for me the whole program would sometimes crash and to a blue screen (not always, just sometimes). I called adobe about it and they told me to test the ram. Sure enough, the ram test found a error. I replaced the ram and it started working fine... maybe this helps?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:48:00 am

Have you installed the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update and Adobe Media Encoder CS5 (5.0.1) update?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:02:59 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "Have you installed the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update and Adobe Media Encoder CS5 (5.0.1) update?"
Yep, they're both up to date.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:19:59 pm

I can't reproduce this. Would you please file a bug report, giving details about exactly what you're doing, details about your system, etc.?

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Oct 29, 2010 at 6:25:24 pm

Another editor is using that PC today but once we have a project ready to test that issue with I'll fill out the form on that link, thanks!

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:05:56 pm

Just to follow up with this issue, we submitted two sequences to AME today. One was a 2hr 45min to be compressed to h264 blu-ray, the other about an hour to mpeg2 for DVD. The first job sat there doing nothing for about 10 minutes then a yellow progress bar popped up and it started rendering. Took about 3hr 10min (a big step up from our old computers) then went right into rendering the second. So I hope the issue is fixed.

The only change the editor on that pc mentioned is that he disabled Avast antivirus and Zone Alarm firewall. Maybe that did the trick?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:19:22 pm

> The only change the editor on that pc mentioned is that he disabled Avast antivirus and Zone Alarm firewall. Maybe that did the trick?

Yep.

Zone Alarm blocks a lot of internal communication between applications, such as AME and Premiere Pro. See this page for a closely related issue:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]