ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

HDV Capture quality issues.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Hammer
HDV Capture quality issues.
on Sep 13, 2010 at 6:16:56 am

I just attempted to capture some 1080i footage into premiere via firewire. The file that it saved, though, has severely reduced quality when played back (in a sequence with the same settings). I've doubled checked the capture settings, and they're set to HDV and the correct camera make. When importing into Final Cut on another machine the footage comes out fine, as well.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't seem to find any sort of quality or format settings beyond the 'HDV or DV' choice in the settings tab.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: HDV Capture quality issues.
on Sep 13, 2010 at 8:43:48 pm

Make sure your sequence matches the footage.
Set Playback to highest resolution and Fit.

Return to posts index

Liam Hammer
on Sep 13, 2010 at 11:27:57 pm

Already double checked both, with no improvement.

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Sep 13, 2010 at 11:57:21 pm

Hi Liam,

Can you post a screen grab of the premiere interface with your clip and the FCP interface with your clip on the same frame for comparison/troubleshooting. It would be greatly beneficial if we can see the specs (info) of the clip in each Applications interfaces.

HDV primarily is not captured into PPro but rather the exact digital signal is ingested (transferred) to PPro. FCP captures the signal and converts it to it's own Apple Intermediate codec (HDV) which is not the original recording data at all.

I am very interested in seeing your results side by side with some info details.

- Cheers, Jon Barrie

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]