ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

No Audio on Export to Tape

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lones
No Audio on Export to Tape
on Jun 11, 2010 at 12:51:22 pm

Hello All,

About 3 days ago, I installed the CS5 Production Premium package on to my editing computer (Dell Precision, Dual Quad-Cores, 12 Gb RAM, ATI FirePro 8700, BlackMagic DeckLink HD Capture Card, Windows 7 64-bit). We completely wiped the machine and started from scratch w/ CS5. Premiere seemed to be working like normal, until yesterday when I tried to export a commercial to tape through firewire onto my JVC DV-5100 camera like I have been for over a year, but now I had no audio.

-I've gone through the Premiere Preferences and tweaked any setting that I thought might have something to do with export/device control. No Luck.

-Settings on the camera are unchanged from what worked last week with CS4 (and CS2), and I can't seem to find any others to tweak.

-I can successfully capture, Including Audio, from same camera, with same FW cable.

-When trying to export, everything else seems to work as it should, just with no levels on the camera. The audio even plays over the computer speakers, but the camera "hears" nothing.

Could there be some sort of "send audio" setting that I'm missing in Premiere? If I can't export to tape, I've got problems.

I spent a good amount of time crusing the forums yesterday looking for a solution to my problem, but was unsuccessful, so I am turning to you guys to help me figure this out.

Chris Lones
Assistant GM - Production & Entertainment
Great Lakes Loons

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
Re: No Audio on Export to Tape
on Jun 11, 2010 at 1:29:16 pm

Is the setting for playback set to audio to device? If it is set to desktop the audio won\'t out to FireWire.

Jon Barrie ;)

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
http://www.jonbarrie.net
http://www.suiteskills.com

Return to posts index

Chris Lones
on Jun 11, 2010 at 2:24:33 pm

That was it! All the times I checked and rechecked my settings, I never even noticed that option. Thanks for your help!

Chris Lones
Assistant GM - Production & Entertainment
Great Lakes Loons

Return to posts index

Sylvia Porter
on Jun 13, 2010 at 5:08:18 am

By the way, I checked out the Loons website (I'm a minor league baseball fan). I tried to play some game highlights and was unable to. I kept getting the message that Windows media player might not support the codec. I didn't really delve into it, but I have Win 7 Ultimate 64, and WMP 12.x. Anyway, I hope that I can one day view those. I even tried downloading and playing with VLC...no dice.

Return to posts index

Layne Batt
on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:15:38 pm

Hi Jon,
thank you for responding to Chris Lones email, it had a ripple effect and helped me out too - really appreciate you taking the time to answer it!
best regards,
Layne
Time Capsule Films

Layne Batt

Return to posts index

Rebecca Samuelson
on Feb 26, 2011 at 2:52:28 am

This is incredibly helpful.... almost! Where is that playback choice made? I cannot see a drop down menu that offers it... is it in PremierePro itself in a menu or in the screen that pops up when we tell it to exsport. New installation here and we cannot get it to export the sound, only the picture, regardless of format used to export. THANKS so much! filmsamuelson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Travis Phillips
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:58:28 pm

It took me a while to find where this setting is located, so I thought I would share with the community where to find it. First, make sure that you've got the timeline selected, then go to Sequence --> Sequence Settings, towards the top of the dialogue box that opens is a button labeled "Playback Settings" - click that. From there, you'll see a section titled "Realtime Playback" and within that are two radio buttons - "Desktop Audio" and "External Device Audio". Clicking the "External Device Audio" button fixes the problem.

Note: I am using Adobe Premiere Pro version 5.5.2

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Djordjevic
on Jun 2, 2013 at 11:11:55 am

"First, make sure that you've got the timeline selected, then go to Sequence --> Sequence Settings, towards the top of the dialogue box that opens is a button labeled "Playback Settings" - click that. From there, you'll see a section titled "Realtime Playback" and within that are two radio buttons - "Desktop Audio" and "External Device Audio". Clicking the "External Device Audio" button fixes the problem."

Timeline is selected, and when I go to the Sequence --> Sequence settings I can't click at the "Playback settings" - it was grayed out. I'm using CS6. Any suggestions, please?

Return to posts index

Layne Batt
on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:03:17 pm

Hi Chris,
thank you for posting this question, I was searching for it for a few hours today and after I read your question on Creative Cow and then saw the reply from Jon Barrie, I had to try it! and it worked. :)

Thanks to both of You - have a great forth of July!
Layne
Time Capsule Films

Return to posts index

Layne Batt
on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:09:49 pm

Hi Chris,
thank you for posting this question, I was searching for it for a few hours today and after I read your question on Creative Cow and then saw the reply from Jon Barrie, I had to try it! and it worked. :)

Thanks to both of You - have a great forth of July!
Layne
Time Capsule Films

Layne Batt

Return to posts index

Lassana Tunkara
on May 4, 2011 at 7:56:15 pm

Lifesaver!

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved