CS4 Premiere install problems
by Saad Khan on May 22, 2010 at 7:41:41 am
I'm using Premiere Pro CS4
I am exporting avi files from my CS4 premiere. When I view them both on the computer monitor and TV screen the picture flickers. Especially when I'm using a transition, there is obvious pixels. For example, when I use the linear wipe, the transition jitters back and forth. Whether it's a fade or the push transition, the picture flickers and shows pixilation.
So, I uninstalled the software and re-installed several times. Each time I used the CS4 clean script and I've removed serial number from computer, & removed all references of the program. However, whenever I go to export to Adobe Media encoder, it freezes. No matter what I do, the software freezes.
-using a new project with new footage
-exporting with different settings.
Someone suggested formatting the hard drive and re installing everything again.
What do you think?
Below is some information on my computer:
Q1: The codec used in your source clips
A: Please see attached screenshot jpeg called 'harm'
Q2: Premiere Pro
1. version number A- Version 4.2.1 (003 (MC: 166418))
2. Installation Language - English
3. Updates applied - yes
4. Project/sequence settings A - Please see attached screenshot jpegs - 'project settings' & 'Sequence settings'
Q5: Amount of memory(RAM) A: 8GB
Q6: Video Card
1. Manufacturer A: NVIDIA
2. Model A: NVIDIA Ge Force 9800 GTX/9800 GTX
3. Driver version A: 184.108.40.20645
Q7: Number of monitors (displays) in use A: 1 monitor
Q8: Audio card
1. Manufacturer A: Analog Device
2. Model A: Sound MAX Integrated digital HD Audio
3. Driver version A: 220.127.116.1185
Q9: Each hard drive's capacity and space remaining
1. Disc setup (partitions used, raid configuration, what is where for OS/projects/media/scratch/audio)
A: (c) drive - OS & Premiere software
69.5 GB free of 139 GB
(e) drive - Projects - scratch discs and etc. Same as projects
RAID5 - 800GB free of 1.81 TB
Q10: Hardware capture device
1. Manufacturer A: Sony
2. Model A: DSR 11
3. Driver version number ?
Q11. Capture software
A: Premiere Pro CS4
Q12: Comprehensive list of third party plug ins you installed.
A: Boris continuum 6
Q14: Explain clearly what you want to do, what you are doing and what the result is
A: I'm filming in SD, editing in Premiere and then output to DVD. Once editing is complete, I go to export > Adobe media encoder, then export to mpeg. When I view the video on the computer screen, it's quite obvious to me, the picture highlights flicker. It's extremely obvious when I'm using transitions. e.g. Push transition with fast blur effect. Even a simple cross fade and the picture makes an obvious jitter and I can also see pixels. When I view the shots on DVD on a normal TV, same thing. The problems are the same(even more visible).
Now, after a few installs, I can't even get Adobe media encoder to work.
Q16: Post details of trouble shooting you have already done to avoid 'did that' responses to questions people ask when trying to help.
A: Before re-install problems:
- exported the AVI file, played it on the computer and can see the same results, I see on my plasma TV.
- Sent the sequence to Encore, then built the project there and found the same result.
- The same project exported previously in CS3 comes out fine. Both AVI and MPEG.
- I've gone back to CS3 to export the clips, and they're fine
- I film using a Canon XHa1 and my filming settings are: DVPAL 16 x 9 50i
- Spoke with Adobe and they asked me to download Divx drivers. Which I did, and it's made no difference. I was then asked to download DVsoft Codec 1.11. It made a small difference. The problem is still there.
- I've had an industry professional look at the problem and he thinks that it could be a bug in the software.
After re-install problems:
As I said before, I can't even get Adobe Media encoder to work now.