ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS5 - MPEG2 Export - Audio out of sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Werner
CS5 - MPEG2 Export - Audio out of sync
on May 19, 2010 at 4:04:50 pm

Hey guys,

i've upgraded to CS5 this week - and i've run in a problem with the MPEG2 Export.
The audio slides out of sync +3frames after encoding the final mpeg2. (from dv-avi footage)
I use the MPEG2 PAL DV High Quality-Preset (except for 16:9) to render my final output.

Iam very sure that it has something to do with the multiplexing, because: If i just export the audio-part and place it in my timeline the audio is just slightly shifted <1f.
But one thing is strange.. the audio file gets longer by 1f.

Has anyone of you run into this problem, and has a fast fix? Or is it a codec problem?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Return to posts index

Martin Werner
Re: CS5 - MPEG2 Export - Audio out of sync
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:30:31 pm

Has no one of you encountered this problem?
My workaround is to export to AVI and then encode from AVI to MPEG using the Media Encoder CS4.

But this should not be the final solution :)

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:50:43 pm

Inhave never had this issue unless someone exported with the incorrect frame rates or audio settings. Everything should match. Frame rate, audio kHz ranges are fundamental.

Exporting to dv avi, then going to AME is a redundant processes. Going to AME directly from the ppro timeline is the way to go. Or send to encore via dynamic link.

When separating mpeg-2 DVD and mpa or ac3 audio the length of audio will always show up a tiny bit longer. It makes no difference to the quality or function of the DVD. There are technical reasons for it but it's the way it is and there is nothing wrong with the way cs4 is working.

You may have not had responses because it's not a common problem.

Try exporting from ppro timeline to MPEG-2 DVD that you may need to match the sequence settings to the export settings and let us know.

Jon

Return to posts index

Danny Brown
on Jan 11, 2011 at 11:17:17 pm

Mr. Werner

I wanted to see if you ever found an answer to your problem with the audio being 3 frames out of sync. I'm using Adobe CS5 and am having the same trouble when I render MPEG 2 files.

Thanks,
Danny B.

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jan 11, 2011 at 11:22:42 pm

I too found this happening and managed to rule it down to using either the multiband compressor audio effect or the dynamics effect directly in clips.

The way around it was to try and not use these effects directly on the clips but in the tracks instead. This required submix tracks and some audio mixer directing to them, some advanced audio tinkering. ;-(

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Danny Brown
on Jan 17, 2011 at 2:34:34 pm

Thanks,

This helps! I'll give it a try.

DB

Return to posts index

Matthew Galek
on Nov 5, 2011 at 9:55:25 pm

I can verify this same issue! I guess they still haven't fixed this with some sort of automatic delay compensation (like pro tools or other audio apps).

I just added a SoftClip plugin to my video and it is indeed a frame or so out of sync.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]