ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPRO CS5 better on Mac or PC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Miles
PPRO CS5 better on Mac or PC?
on May 1, 2010 at 1:04:28 am

I would love to hear opinions about long form editing stability and speed with Premiere Pro CS5 on Mac and Win7 based systems to see what seems to be stable and fast? I have Mac Pro now, but am looking with excitement towards a faster workflow for HD to web and HD to DVD/BluRay and even HDSDI out via hardware. I used PPRo years ago and loved the interface just not the sleepless nights.

Things that worry me are:
1. Glitches or anomalies between clips on playback
2. a timeline that won't properly export and PPro crashes or gives strange errors
3. Project files and media that mysteriously don't seem to work well and many hours of work are lost.

Have fast machines and fast Raid based system to run it on or will build an ideal workstation for the job.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Anthony Miles
DP, Editor 4th Wall Productions, LLC
http://4thwalltvandfilm.com

Return to posts index

eric monroe
Re: PPRO CS5 better on Mac or PC?
on May 1, 2010 at 1:28:30 am

Anthony, I checked out your site.....good stuff. I see you are a martial artist. What Style? I have been a Wing Chun Kung Fu practitioner for almost 17 years.

Return to posts index

Anthony Miles
Re: PPRO CS5 better on Mac or PC?
on May 2, 2010 at 4:51:08 am

Thanks Eric,
Full contact Tae Kwon Do base with Boxing style hands originally, much like old PKA kickboxing. Little Aikido. Then years later, Muay Thai, Fought once in Vegas. Then back to Korean styles with mixed origin and some hapkido, and combative. Started when I was about 10 or 11 yeas old. It is a part of me know. I think they all have good things in them, and are great in many ways for us humans. So this is why I need a good stable editor, cause it really hurts when you bang your head and you know how to hit hard. :-)

Best regards,
Anthony Miles
DP, Editor 4th Wall Productions, LLC
http://4thwalltvandfilm.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]