ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Pan

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AARON Williams
Audio Pan
on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:44:10 am

Hey all. I've got the CS3 Production. I'm just trying to find a way to adjust the pan and levels of the audio tracks. I found nothing in Soundbooth. This doesn't seem as easy as FCP where you can just adjust the pan and fade right in the clip on the timeline.
Some of the clips I'm working with only have audio on one side and I'm trying to level it out. I did find something in After Effects that would do the trick. But I don't want to be dragging a bunch of clips in AE just to mess with audio. Doesn't seem right.

Thanx
AARON

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Audio Pan
on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:39:49 am

For stereo clips with only one channel, use the Fill Left or Fill Right audio effects to duplicate the one good channel.
Working with discreet stereo, one method could involve selecting the clip in the Project window and choose Clip>Audio Options>Break out to mono...creating 2 mono clips that can be panned by adjusting their volume in the timeline.
Another method involves the Audio Mixer which can write pan keyframes in real time...but beware, these keyframes are in the track not on the clip, preventing further editing.

Return to posts index

AARON Williams
Re: Audio Pan
on Apr 23, 2010 at 2:27:58 pm

Oh sweet! Thanks Mike. I don't know why I always wait so long before coming to the cow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]