ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Edit clip in AE and back?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Edit clip in AE and back?
on Jan 21, 2010 at 6:29:05 am

Hi

Is it possible to take a small clip from footage in PPro and edit it in After effect and then import it back? Lets say I have a 5 min raw fooage and I want to edit in 2 min and the 4 min, what is the best way to take small piece out of clip to edit it and import it back?

Please advice

regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Re: Edit clip in AE and back?
on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:52:50 am

Please, I cant figure out how to just to take a small portion of a clip and edit it in AE and then import it back to PPro?

Please advice.

Regards Hamid

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:36:28 am

Do u have cs4? Master collection or production premium? Different versions and solo apps alone provide varied solutions. Please give us more info about ur apps versions.

Check tv.adobe.com for video tutorials on ppro and ae

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
http://www.jonbarrie.net

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:36:29 am

Do u have cs4? Master collection or production premium? Different versions and solo apps alone provide varied solutions. Please give us more info about ur apps versions.

Check tv.adobe.com for video tutorials on ppro and ae

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:01:11 pm

ok. I have cs4 the master collection. I tried the dynamic link by importing my footage to PPro and then replace clip with AE project, but that just take my entire footage from PPro and put it in AE. I just want to take a small portion from PPro and edit it in AE, AND then import back to its original place in PPro. Can this be done?

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Jan 23, 2010 at 5:50:33 pm

HELP!!

Return to posts index

Phocas Kroon
on Jan 23, 2010 at 11:40:21 pm

Export the parts from PremPro as AVI, import them in AE, and after correction export as AVI and import again in PremPro.

Good luck

Phocas Kroon

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Jan 24, 2010 at 8:43:53 pm

should i export from AE without doing any rendering? And after i eksport, how do i put that editet clip back into PPro in the same spot as i will eksport?

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:08:57 pm

Hi hamid,

if u have cs4 master collection u should have dynamic link.

The fastest way to take an edited clip from the timeline in ppro and replace it with an ae comp is to right click on the clip in the ppro timeline u want to replace and select the option replace with after effects composition.

The clip with be replaced in the timeline with an ae comp. Ae will launch automatically. U will need to save the ae project.

Now as u do work in the ae project the ppro timeline will update when u go back to ppro. The clip is already in the timeline for u. Finish the ae work and save ae. Depending on ur system speed and complexity of the ae work done the comp in ppro will need rendering for rt playback.

- Jon Barrie

Jon Barrie
aJBprods

Return to posts index

vivek reddy
on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:49:47 am

Hi ,
I do have those playback problems regarding the dynamic link . I did use premier pro and after effects and got the AE comp into PP ,the playback is indeed terrible ,I just added a color correction in AE to see how it works for playbacks in PP ,as I said it was terrible for such a small effect .Is there an alternative for good playbacks other than rendering in AE and importing to PP . I have win 7, core 2 duo 2.1Ghz ,4G ram ,1 G ATI RADEON graphics card ,is this not sufficient for a colour correction to playback properly !! The dynamic link is wonderful but am not able to use it effectively .

-Thanks

Return to posts index

Phocas Kroon
on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:52:10 pm

Import the edited clip in PremPro and put it on a free track above the original clip. That's it.

Good luck

Phocas Kroon

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:17:55 pm

ok thank you guys for the many solutions and please bear over with me for my questions. I am new in PPro. I tried using the dynamic link, but that toke the hole clip and replaced it in AE. I have a 3 min clip i have not yet editet on, i want to take a small portion, lets say after 1 min i want to take 30 sec out and edit that in AE and then put the editet back into PPro. I know dynamic link can do this, but lets say if i have a 20min long clip and im going to make motion tracking in different areas of the clip or someting like that, i want to be able to make multiple edits in a long clip, also because i have a slow computer. I hope this makes sence?
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]