ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Fatal error 1603 when installing CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
darrell montemayor
Fatal error 1603 when installing CS4
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:29:21 am

ok forums are usually my last attempt at finding a solution, so please understand that im desperate.

ok i USED to have premiere pro CS4 on my computer, for whatever reason i uninstalled it. now that i need it however it will not install. i gets about 30-40% done than it says sumtin along the lines of "cannot install premiere pro CS4 and encore CS4" than gives me a fatal error during installation error: 1603, i read up on this error and people say most of the time its from previous installs, how ever i have been trying for hours to find and delete ever adobe CS4 or even just adobe file from my computer.

now is there some special tool to fix this or some specail stupid folder hidden deep in there that im missing.\

i also heard that re formatting will fix the problem (DUR) but i have ALOT of stuff on here that i dont want to lose/put back on.

thx in advance

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
Re: Fatal error 1603 when installing CS4
on Nov 17, 2009 at 9:02:21 am

Use clean script for CS4
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

Return to posts index

Warren Morningstar
Re: Fatal error 1603 when installing CS4
on Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23:53 pm

Another possible solution is to rip the install DVDs to a hard drive and install off the HD. Don't know why that works, but it has for me on a couple of installs. I used Dameon tools to rip and mount the install files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]