ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS4 audio goes silent

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Boknecht
CS4 audio goes silent
on Jul 1, 2009 at 8:44:19 pm

This is the weirdest thing, and I've now experienced it in multiple projects. I have an mp3 pulled into a PPro CS4 project that stops playing back exactly halfway through the file. The waveform is visible, but playback goes silent both in the source window and in the timeline. I converted the track to a WAV and it plays through.

What's the deal with THAT?

Tim Boknecht
Promo Writer/Producer
KAKE-TV

Return to posts index

Terry Hahin
Re: CS4 audio goes silent
on Jul 22, 2009 at 9:39:17 pm

hi Tim,
were you ever able to solve this issue. I am having very similar problems...it's difficult to pinpoint what triggers this issue. It's not a codec thing...as the result happens to me to some clips and not other...despite the fact that they were captured the same way from identical source material.

I have been having this issue on the HDV capture...resulting in a .mpg file and on MP3's that are imported. It's obviously some sort of irritating bug...any results on your end?>

Terry Hahin

Designer and Editor
terryhahin.com

Return to posts index

Tim Boknecht
on Jul 22, 2009 at 10:02:41 pm

No, I haven't figured out why it's happening - but I have been able to work around the issue by using iTunes to convert the mp3 to, well...another mp3. Or wav, or whatever. The converted files seem to play alright.

That's the best I have for ya, sorry.

TB

Return to posts index

Terry Hahin
on Jul 23, 2009 at 5:36:17 pm

Hey man...that's better than nothing! I really appreciate your quick response and help on it. I've been talking to people on other threads and I thought it was an issue of audio conforms being messed in the middle of the conforming process. So logically kill the media cache and force Premiere to re-conform the audio.

Didn't work. I'll keep you updated if I get any luck. Thanks again

Terry Hahin

Designer and Editor
terryhahin.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]