ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

RED Importer plug-in for CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brady
RED Importer plug-in for CS4
on Jun 1, 2009 at 9:22:54 pm

Is anybody currently using the RED importer plug-in ( REDCODE CS4 Win 1.7 ) for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4? I have been trying to install it on the following machine with no luck:

System:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Dual Quad Core 3GHz processors
16GB RAM
CalDigit 2TB SATA RAID
Pr CS4 v4.1.0)
AE CS4 v9.0.2.42)

All are the latest installs... Adobe updated first, then installed REDCODE. The installer appears to work (shows in the control panel as an installed program), but I still get no RED sequence options in Premiere and R3D files are an "unsupported format".

The same download of REDCODE installed and operates perfectly on a different workstation (WindowsXP), but the above system is the one it needs to be on. Any ideas?

Best,
James

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video & Animation
El Paso, Texas
http://www.resultsvideo.com

Return to posts index

Luis Antonio Guerra
Re: RED Importer plug-in for CS4
on Apr 16, 2010 at 5:39:32 am

could you solve the problem? I'm having the same issue running on Widnows 7 64bit, what could be happening?

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Apr 16, 2010 at 3:37:52 pm

I've still not got it to work on the Windows Vista system. My best guess is that it has something to do with Vista/Windows 7 or 64-bit incompatibility.

James Brady
Senior Editor
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

Luis Antonio Guerra
on Apr 16, 2010 at 4:54:29 pm

Afer reading thousands of posts and trying lots of methods I came witha solution: download Universal Extractor (the first site on google) and extract the redcode .msi installer using the default method. UE will create a folder next to the msi with all the files, then just copy the presets folder ino the Settings\SequencePresets folder and files "ImporterRED.prm" and "ImporterREDServer.exe" inside the Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore folder in Program files (x86)

Reboot and that's it. (a friend of mine told that perhaps double clicking on the installer first was necessary because it may had installed some dlls or added some registry keys which cannot be done by using this "manual instalation" method)

Return to posts index

James Brady
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:28:16 pm

Luis,
This worked! The extraction & manual installation of the RED importer plugin is the way to go. RED sequence presets now show up in Premiere and R3D files import just fine with full control over clip source settings. Very nice footwork, Luis! Thank you for sharing.

Interestingly, I've had to manually install other software updates on the same system. The root of this problem may still have something to do with Vista/Win7 security settings... but manually installing is a nice enough workaround for now!

Best,

James Brady
Senior Editor
El Paso, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]