ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How can I use a timeline clip to find me a section of source footage? Going nuts.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Manno
How can I use a timeline clip to find me a section of source footage? Going nuts.
on Mar 11, 2009 at 3:26:20 am

Hi everyone -

I'm going to make up a scenario to explain what I want to do..

Lets say I have a 1 hour capture of a holiday in 10 different countries. 12 x 5 minute sections of different countries.

I've been editing away and now I have 30 minutes on the timeline of some of the countries. I notice a clip somewhere in the middle of the timeline from lets say 'Australia' and now I want to edit in a few more clips from Australia -from the source monitor- to put on the timeline.

What is the fastest way to 'navigate' right to the same spot in the source monitor/source footage as my clip on the timeline, so that I can now continue to set some in/out points around that section of tape?

Rather than scrubbing through the source footage and looking for the 'Australia' section, isn't there a way to utilise the clip on the timeline to go right to that spot?

Now, I know I can simple double click the clip on the timeline and it will take me to exactly where I want to be in the source monitor, but I can only set new in/out points for that clip alone. I don't want this, I want to just continue to scrub through around that section of tape and set new in/out points.

I just want the timeline clip to show me where in the source monitor it is, just so I can go there and do whatever I want from there on in, rather than scrubbing the entire original source clip to find the timeline clip in the source window. Just to emphasize, double clicking the timeline clip is no good cause I can't do anything in the source other than change the clips in/out points which isn't what i want to do.

Any help would be appreciated :)

-Frankie

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: How can I use a timeline clip to find me a section of source footage? Going nuts.
on Mar 11, 2009 at 11:02:10 am

Right click on the clip in the timeline and choose "Reveal in Project". The clip will be selected in the Project window, double click it there and the source window will show the latest in-out points.

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: How can I use a timeline clip to find me a section of source footage? Going nuts.
on Mar 11, 2009 at 12:24:52 pm

In my workspace (CS3), double-clicking on a clip on the timeline opens it in the "source" window, with in/outs shown.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]