ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Playing on video hardware

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Verdoni
Playing on video hardware
on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:32:54 pm

I have just bought a Canon HV30 Camcorder; when I start a footage capture in Premiere CS3, I get a multi language message saying "Playing on video hardware.....3" and the video is no longer displayed on the capture monitor. Only the screen of my camcorder displays the video during the capture. I have read in a former post that this is a normal situation since Premiere CS3 cannot display HD footages. However this raises 2 questions:
1- when I was capturing footages with my Canon HV10, the video was displayed by Premiere capture monitor during the capture process.I know that the HV10 footages are 1440 x 1080 whereas HV30 footages are 1980 x 1080; is this the reason?
1- For which reason can Premiere display the footages before I start the capture process and display as well the clips after they have been captured although they all are of the same video format ( 1980 x 1080 pixels)than the footage when it is captured?

Return to posts index

Harm Millaard
Re: Playing on video hardware
on Sep 14, 2008 at 10:16:31 am

HDV is 1440x1080 and nothing else. That is the HDV spec.

1. Not true. Display of HDV during capture is not possible, only in DV mode.

Harm Millaard

Return to posts index

Philippe Verdoni
on Sep 15, 2008 at 11:36:18 am

Hi Harm,
Do you mean that displaying HDV footage is only possible in case the camcorder that set to DV mode or is it a matter of PPremiere Project Settings. Thank you for having taken my question into consideration.

Return to posts index

Harm Millaard
on Sep 15, 2008 at 4:36:29 pm

Video during capture is only possible with DV material, not HDV. So you need both the camera in DV mode and a DV project.

Harm Millaard

Return to posts index

Ken Isenhour
on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:17:27 pm

I am using CS4. It can't display HDV during capture either. Can CS5 display HDV during capture?

Return to posts index

Paul Lewis
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:24:51 pm

No, CS5 does the same. Not sure why, but that's just how it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]