ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

RE: help with CS3 audio out of sync?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
RE: help with CS3 audio out of sync?
on Jul 1, 2008 at 11:16:40 pm

Has anyone solved the problem with out of sync audio on a quad duo MAC and CS3?

I work at a post facility and we have CS3 on a win xp machine. We converted to MAC last week and I logged video and the audio was severely out of sync. The same files from the WIN machine opened on the MAC are fine to edit

I called adobe and they didn't have a clue. They weren't arrogant at all, but said a patch was on the way. They also recommended I request a "fix" on the feedback site. What am I paying for here? Duh?

OK, I am using 100B's HVX200's and and AG DV5000 capture decks. All doing fine with win XP. These are some of the most common cameras and decks on the market. They said that there could be incompatibility issues with my hardware. And I did capture, NTSC, 29.97 48, 16bit...the same as the camera settings.

I am blind-sided that a piece of software this complex can't do a simple capture.

Anyway, we have about 5K+ invested in adobe and I want to know if anyone has solved the problem. The cow site was down today and when I was able to search I didn't see anyone with success other than saying use Imovie to capture. We trim projects and rely on the initial capture to go back to a tape if we need to do a future edit. I can't do that.

Adobe's forums were useless. I have the latest build on leopard (10.5.3) and the CS3 premium suite.

Any help or do we just throw away the software and go back to FCP?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Randy McWilson
Re: RE: help with CS3 audio out of sync?
on Jul 4, 2008 at 12:21:44 am

I cannot help with your particular problem, but I will say that we edit CS3 on a Mac here with no sync issues. Its also more stable than the CS3 on our Win XP machines, oddly enough.

Probably a firewire issue.

Eternity...don't miss it for the world.

Return to posts index

Nelson May
Re: RE: help with CS3 audio out of sync?
on Jul 4, 2008 at 1:54:57 am

Weird,

I see it in a lot of other posts. You are right, the MAC is much more stable than Win. That is why I pushed so hard for it. But, the I use the same capture deck on either machine. Adobe even admitted to the problem and said a patch was on the way.

I can capture in Win and copy the project to the MAC, but it defeats the purpose. I had to capture video yesterday and it came over without a sync problem.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]