ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

24p Premiere Pro to After Effects huge problems!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Koo
24p Premiere Pro to After Effects huge problems!
on Jun 2, 2008 at 4:34:18 pm

Anyone else out there capturing 24Pa footage in Premiere Pro (scene detect) and attempting to finish in AE?

I'm using the correct settings in PPro (Mac version): Quicktime 24p Widescreen. We shot 24Pa with a DVX-100A. Yet this is the third project where not only does the footage display incorrectly during playback over firewire, but it also is not interpreted correctly by After Effects, where we are finishing. Each shot in AE comes in with a 24Pa cadence preselected, but it's always the wrong cadence! It used to be with the last 3 projects I did that it would at least correctly Guess 24Pa Pulldown but now even that doesn't work and I am staring at the need to individually Interpret Footage on each and every clip and try all 5 WSWWW options until I get the right one. As there are 120 shots on my timeline I'd rather not surrender the next 8 hours of my life dealing with a problem that Adobe should've fixed long ago.

I'm guessing if there is a global fix for this--I already tried recapturing, but would be willing to do so again if I'm definitely capturing wrong--it's on the Premiere Pro side of things.

All clips were captured according to their correct preset (Widescreen 24p), the AE composition is the right kind, etc. Software: CS3 (AE 8.0.2 27, PPro 3.2.0), Mac 10.5.2.

Thanks for ANY help, we're screening at IFC on Thursday and the last thing in the world we need to deal with is more Adobe bugs. I've never been able to get PPro and AE CS3 to talk to each other with 24p correctly, but with each new Adobe update it seems to be getting worse, not better. Thanks again,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Jake Hawkes
Re: 24p Premiere Pro to After Effects huge problems!
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:14:12 pm

Do you need to apply effects on every clip...IE you could just output a video from PPro with the correct pull down applied and then bring it into AE as a 24p project...and finish this way.

DVD players generally all have 3:2 pulldown built right in. If you are conforming to 29.97 / 59.98 the question I would ask is why?

Gravnetic Production
You've had our patatoes!

http://www.Gravnetic.com
1 208 867 8172
Moocycles@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Koo
on Jun 2, 2008 at 10:05:53 pm

Yes, we're color-correcting and doing lots of effects work, so every clip needs to go through AE. It will end up on a variety of formats; 24FPS flash video file, a h.264 quicktime for iTunes, and eventually a 24p DVD.

Return to posts index

Zach Schuyler
on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:25:09 pm

I had the same problem you did with importing the Premiere Pro project into After Effects for onlining. I ended up having to export A and B rolls to Quicktime, with Animation codec, and then importing them back into After Effects. I then had to split every clip at the edit point. A pain I know, but it will fix your cadence problem and you can directly color correct at 23.976 instead of the weird 24PA pulldown that AE wants to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]