ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

NTSC on HDCAM > PAL SD?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
NTSC on HDCAM > PAL SD?
on May 8, 2007 at 3:53:27 pm

Hi guys,

Bit of a newbie question here, but we've had a request from a client to convert footage on HDCAM (1080i 59.97) to a PAL reference DVD in standard def...

Now our HDCAM machine will play the footage natively, but we currently don't have any edit suites capable of ingesting HD. However, if using a Decklink card couldn't I ingest the footage at standard def via SDI into Premiere and then do a frame rate/size conversion in Premiere?

I don't have the footage to test this on and don't know how to convert NTSC>PAL, but has anyone tried this?

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

BazinoZ
Re: NTSC on HDCAM > PAL SD?
on May 9, 2007 at 1:23:08 am

Just set the deck to output 50i and capture the SD downcoverted output into you PAL project. I capture as DV via the SDI connector when using our HDCAM 1800 or the firewire output of our HDCAM JH3 deck. If you do it this way it outputs the correct format with a 4% speed difference.

Baz

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on May 9, 2007 at 9:48:47 am

Thanks for the info...so I can set the VTR (sony HDW-M2000P) to read a 59.94 tape and output it to SD 50i? Do you know how I'd do this?

Sorry - I have next to no machine knowledge, other than siple edits.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

BazinoZ
on May 9, 2007 at 11:50:17 pm

[jimmybee500] "so I can set the VTR (sony HDW-M2000P) to read a 59.94 tape and output it to SD 50i? Do you know how I'd do this?"

Just go into the menu and select the output format.

Baz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]