ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Automation... delete keyframes for volume, pan...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cal Johnson
Audio Automation... delete keyframes for volume, pan...
on Aug 28, 2006 at 12:42:40 am

Is there a way to clear all the volume control or pan control keyframes from an audio track once you have written them in using the automated mixer?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Audio Automation... delete keyframes for volume, pan...
on Aug 28, 2006 at 11:42:20 am

Switch back to "Clip Volume" so you can move the audio to a new track, then delete the track with the pan keyframes.

Return to posts index

Cal Johnson
on Aug 28, 2006 at 5:21:15 pm

Thanks Mike, but that's not really what I'm after. What I want to know is that if I have an audio track, say a sound track, and I use the automated mixer to ride the volume, and/or I pan left and right, and then decide that the whole mix is not what I want, can I some how simply delete all the keyframes that I created by using the automated mixer? So far, I can't, and even when I delete the audio from the timeline, the keyframes still remain on the track. I can of course, switch the automated feature off, but the keyframes still remain. I'm guessing that those keyframes are stuck there until I delete the track entirely, then create a new audio track and bring the audio file back in to the timeline.

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Aug 29, 2006 at 12:03:07 pm

As I see it, the automation audio feature is for those folks that are used to working in real time with live inputs and doing the mix without looking back...like a TV control room.

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on Aug 29, 2006 at 4:58:28 pm

Updating a mix is a basic feature of any automated audio mixing technology. Digital multitrack consoles do this and so do many software based products.

If what you say is true I can only scratch my head in wonder.

Return to posts index

Cal Johnson
on Aug 29, 2006 at 5:13:26 pm

Right, my point exactly. That's all I was asking. Once you use the automation feature, the only way to clear the track of keyframes is to delete it. In other software, like Motion for example, you can also use a mixer synced to the computer to control layer parameters and effects in real-time. However, you can rid the layer of these keyframes should you decide you want to start over, and don't want any lingering keyframes. I've mixed albums on automated decks in studios, and you could also reset the track to start over fresh.
It's not a big issue, I just wanted to confirm that the only way to get rid of those keyframes is to delete the track, play the whole track through remixing, or go through and delete every keyframe by hand.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Aug 31, 2006 at 5:02:47 pm

hmm, I never noticed that but it's true, you have to delete the keyframes one at a time.

However you can enable the track for writing and selectively re-mix portions of the timeline, and it overwrites your keyframes with the latest settings.

If you want to adjust audio on the fly for one clip, you can do it from the effects controls - which works pretty well - although not using the audio mixer for adjusting audio on the fly is a bit abnormal.

On the Media 100 for example, you can use the audio mixer to adjust clip or track volumes with the same slider, and it goes from clip to clip on the fly. It would be nice if you could adjust clip volumes on the fly without having to stop between clips. Basically you should be able to do the same thing as when you mix a track, but have the keyframes reference the clips.

Return to posts index

Lewis Stiefel
on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:01:53 pm

Just want to make sure I have been pulling my hair out for something PPCS6 can't do... once I ride my
levels on the mixer and audio key frames are made I cant delete them??? .....and when is Adobe going
to fix the problem that when you switch from list to icon view everything goes out of order.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 7, 2013 at 5:27:04 pm

I'm doing the same thing as we speak. Are you serious? There is no way out of this mess?

Any answers?, sorry for the late post.

I don't usually do my sound in premiere, but this project requires it, going insane...

Return to posts index

Lewis Stiefel
on Jul 7, 2013 at 10:11:34 pm

The answer is the pen tool. Use that to select multiple keyframes then delete. Hope that helps

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 7, 2013 at 10:19:15 pm

YES!, thank you so much.

wonder why I couldnt find that in the help files? Thanks again

Return to posts index

Lewis Stiefel
on Jul 8, 2013 at 4:44:33 am

Your welcome Chris... believe me I went crazy myself thinking it should be so simple .....and in the end it really was simple....can't remember for sure but I think I found the answer on this site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]