ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Disable Dynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dex Craig
Disable Dynamic Link
on Aug 3, 2006 at 7:35:50 pm

Hi, folks --

I've done some searching and haven't found an answer, so I thought I'd ask here. My computer at work just doesn't quite have anough horsepower to run the Production Suite in full style. I run Premiere Pro 2 just fine, AE just fine, all the rest just fine, but it seems that the Dynamic link eats up an enormous amount of resources and causes everything to bog down.

Is there a way to disable dynamic link so I can have Premiere and AE open at the same time, like in the old days?

Thanks!

- Dex

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
Re: Disable Dynamic Link
on Aug 4, 2006 at 7:24:15 pm

[Dex Craig] "so I can have Premiere and AE open at the same time, like in the old days?"

I am confused by this statement. You can still have Premiere and AE open at the same time. Dynamic Link isn't another application that 'runs in the background'. As the feature states, the Dynamic Link feature simply permits the ability to import AE projects without actually having to output them from Premiere Pro.

Aanarav Sareen
premiere@asvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Dex Craig
on Aug 4, 2006 at 10:18:43 pm

Thanks for the response, and sorry if I'm seeming dense.

Here's the trouble in more detail. It used to be that I was able to run AE and PP simultaneously without any trouble (versions 6.5 and 1.5, respectively). Now, I'm unable to do that, as the system bogs down. My suspicion was that there was some kind of client lurking somewhere in the software, keeping RAM previews from AE in reserve so they could be played in PP without rendering them. (That's what I thought dynamic link was.) It seems that when I have done a RAM render in AE, it bogs down my entire system in a way that it did not do before. I tend to do RAM renders in AE when working on graphics for my news show to see how they flow, but now it causes my system to get sluggish.

So, whether or not it's Dynamic Link, is there some way to make the software suite run in such a way that doing a RAM render in AE while PP is open that does not cause my system to run slower than my 90 year old grandmother in a footrace?

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Aug 5, 2006 at 4:52:11 am

> So, whether or not it's Dynamic Link, is there some way to make the software suite run in such a way that doing a RAM render in AE while PP is open that does not cause my system to run slower than my 90 year old grandmother in a footrace?

LOL :-)

Take a look at my 'optimizing your system' podcast found at http://creativecow.net/appodcast

Another reccomendation is to get more RAM.

Return to posts index

Dex Craig
on Aug 21, 2006 at 7:28:26 pm

Thanks, Aanarav. Great tips in that podcast!
- Dex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]