ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPro 2 on laptop wierdness...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Briggs
PPro 2 on laptop wierdness...
on Apr 16, 2006 at 6:20:17 pm

I've been trying to troubleshoot premiere pro 2 on a colleague's laptop and its baffling. He says he's had no luck with Adobe on the issue so I'd chime in for him here.
Basicly any time he loads a clip into the source viewer (or clicks play on the thumbnail icon in the bin window) the vidoe turns to solid colors when it plays. Almost as if you zoomed in to one pixel thats constant changing color. I've heard ppro 2 is finicky about the hardware, but the older 1.5 worked fine. The graphics card on the laptop is a Geforce FX 5200 w/64mb ram (agp 8x). It does show the first frame of the clip correctly when you import the dv avi, but after that it does the solid color weirdness. I've never seen anything like it, so thought i'd check in here.
Any ideas?
thanks Chad

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
Re: PPro 2 on laptop wierdness...
on Apr 16, 2006 at 6:49:51 pm

Try updating the video-card drivers to see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Apr 16, 2006 at 10:37:31 pm

Thats the crappy part, i went to the toshiba website for him and they haven't updated the vid card driver since 2003 :( Is there anyway to tell premiere to use a "non accellarated" safe mode or anything like that?
chad

Return to posts index

Aanarav Sareen
on Apr 17, 2006 at 3:56:59 am

Try finding a driver on nVidia's site. If I am not mistaken, any nVidia video card driver should work.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Apr 17, 2006 at 4:13:19 am

[Chad Briggs] "Is there anyway to tell premiere to use a "non accellarated" safe mode or anything like that?"

You can try to switch modes in the playback options and see if that helps...the same dialogue where you would control output to DV, etc.

TimK,

Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]