ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Disable realtime editing?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zarxrax
Disable realtime editing?
on Mar 24, 2006 at 9:42:08 pm

Is there a way to disable realtime editing in Premiere Pro? Things always worked great in Premiere 6.5 because premiere would render stuff, but Pro always tries to play in realtime... but... its kinda stupid at it.

Premiere Pro usually CAN'T play material in realtime on my system. But heaven help it, it wants to really badly. When I hit enter to preview a section, it just doesnt do me any good to see 1 or 2 frames per second being displayed, I need premiere to render it and play it at full framerate. I've figured a pretty decent way around it is to add an extra track on top of everything with a layer at 0% opacity. This will usually cause premiere to render everything. But is there a way to simply disable this awkward behavior altogether?

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
Re: Disable realtime editing?
on Mar 25, 2006 at 8:35:02 pm

Pressing Enter should cause it to render. Is your workarea bar covering the entire project?

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
on Mar 26, 2006 at 2:09:49 am

No, premiere pro tries to simply play it without rendering if I hit enter. At least thats the case if I just have 1 video layer with simple or no effects.

Return to posts index

Blast
on Mar 26, 2006 at 2:54:08 pm

When you say PP needs to render before it trys to play in realtime, is the line above the work area GREEN or RED? If its green and you get the choppy playback then PP is having a problem playing back at full frame rate as it does not NEED to render. Change the playback quality to draft and see if it improves
If the line above the work area is red and it wont render, create a new sequence and drag your original sequence to the new one (nest it). Hit enter and see if that helps.

ProStar 5614 Laptop
P4 Northwood 3.2 800FSB.
1 gig 3200 DDR SDRAM
2 7200 rpm,60 gig HDD
1 250 Diamond Max HDD
Teac -R-RW burner
Sony DRU-510A -R/ R burner
ATI 9600 MPRO 128 meg.
17" AUX. monitor
13" NTSC monitor
DV break-out
Bella keyboard