ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2.0 and P2/.mxf

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danparsons
Premiere Pro 2.0 and P2/.mxf
on Jan 17, 2006 at 2:44:48 pm

I was unable to find any reference to native P2/.mxf support for Premiere Pro 2.0 on Adobe's website. With the introduction of Panasonic's new HVX200 and other cameras using the P2 format, has Adobe missed this opportunity? Even though I have been a long time user of After Effects and Premiere, I plan to switch to the FCP Studio bundle if I don't see support for the P2 format very soon. I've got projects that can't wait.

If anyone has verifiable information on Adobe's support/non-support of the P2/.mxf formats, please share.

Return to posts index

HHV_Pro
Re: Premiere Pro 2.0 and P2/.mxf
on Feb 1, 2006 at 1:10:41 am

AS a long time premiere loyalist, It's a big disappointment that ver 2.0 doesn't support P2, DVCPro50/100 natively. I was really hoping that Adobe would give us some clear indication instead of marketing gimic like ver 2.0...

I am seriously considering switching to Avid as I can't wait any more for adobe premiere team. Better late then sorry!!!

Those who are starting out, Please start with AVid or FCP which are much better in term of the pro feature, media mangement and finding a paying job as editor!

The only power we have is to where spend our money, and if Adobe don't listen, we rather spend it where you get the biggest bang for it!!!!...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]