ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flightmaster
Premiere Monitor
on Oct 17, 2005 at 4:34:00 am

Does anyone else have problems with color/saturation accuracy within the PPro monitors? I am creating some stylized desaturated footage (using some of the Magic Bullet filters) and my footage looks good in the PPro monitor. After rending, the AVI (and even MP2 DVD preview as well as the final DVD results) gives me a slightly different image (a less desaturated image)in Media Player (viewing on the same PC physical monitor).

I can try to adjust for this by making the PPro preview more desaturated than looks good (hoping that the final output will look more to my final taste), but it certainly would be nice if PPro would give me a more accurate image.

Anyone else had this sort of trouble? Is there a way to calibrate the PPro internal monitors?

Thanks

cP
FFG

Christian T. Petersen
Pentium 4.
4G Ram
260 HD

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
Re: Premiere Monitor
on Oct 17, 2005 at 10:52:59 am

Are you using an LCD or CRT monitor?

Return to posts index

redgum
on Oct 17, 2005 at 2:25:01 pm

All computer monitors are notoriously different. Have you tried lining up your computer monitor with a calibrated external monitor?

Redgum Television Productions
Broadcast & Corporate Documentaries
Brisbane, Australia

Return to posts index

Flightmaster
on Oct 18, 2005 at 3:36:20 am

I better rephrase my question.

My actual PC monitor is a PC monitor -- but my problem occurs in playback inside PPRO vs. playback in Media Player, Quicktime, and footage preview in Encore *on the same monitor*. The PPRO inside-the-software monitor gives me a more saturated look than the other playback software monitors.

I am aware of monitor calibration issues, etc -- but the inconsistency within the same hardware monitor is stumping me.

Thanks again!
cP
FFG

Christian T. Petersen
Pentium 4.
4G Ram
260 HD

Return to posts index

redgum
on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:36:33 pm

Sorry, I missed the point, however, you cant use Prem Pro as a reference monitor for anything. At best it's a guide and can use any number of resolutions at will, depending on the footage. All serious or commercial work needs an external reference monitor, hopefully with a multi input capability so you can compare DVD, DV, VHS etc apple for apple.

Redgum Television Productions
Broadcast & Corporate Documentaries
Brisbane, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]