ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Problems working with a project from another computer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Video Opp
Problems working with a project from another computer
on Sep 23, 2005 at 1:09:48 am

OK, I am stumped. I picked up a trimmed project edited by my daughter. It loaded fine and played fine as long as I was using the rendered files that came with the project. When I went to swap out some clips and adjust some of the effects the new files and renders looked really bad. The video looks as though it is a bad low res file coming from some sat phone.

Here is the crazy thing. I can start a new sequence, drop my files on to the time line (the one that I want to swap out) and they play fine. However if I copy and paste anything from the main project over into the new sequence, my clips, the ones that were playing fine, are now bad again. Something from that sequence is causing everything in the new sequence to go bad.

I have tried it on four different computers with the same result. I have tried importing the offending project into a new one. I have tried trimming the offending project and trying that, all with the same results.

This is not the only project that I have received from her that has demonstrated this problem. I used to think that it was because she was using PPro 1.0 and I was using 1.5. But she is now using 1.5 as well. She says that she has a clean install of 1.5 on a new computer with nothing else on it except for PS and AE.

Has anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas of what to do?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Video Opp
Re: Problems working with a project from another computer
on Sep 23, 2005 at 1:16:20 am

Oh, one other thing...

The individual files that came with the trimmed project play fine when droped in a new sequence so it is not like there was anything bad with the files themselves.

Return to posts index

Video Opp
Re: Problems working with a project from another computer
on Sep 23, 2005 at 1:16:16 pm

OK, I feel silly. Turns out she had her output display settings on automatic, and I have mine set to Highest Quality. I guess with her Duel Xeon setup she did not notice a problem when set to automatic where as on my system it looked bad.

I feel embarrassed that I posted such a simple problem with such an easy fix! It has been such a long time ago that I first visited that setting, I forgot that it was there. Funny that grabbing a section from a sequence that has that setting and pasting it on a new sequence that is set to Highest quality would cause that setting to change

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]