ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting files from Pro to AE (or other effects programs)... what settings for DV? :-)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flightmaster
Exporting files from Pro to AE (or other effects programs)... what settings for DV? :-)
on Aug 31, 2005 at 2:52:29 am

Hi All,

Love the site. First post here...

Anyway, as I am taking a crash course in Video editing and compositing, I wonder if anyone could help me with a few questions (it is very appreciated).

We are shooting footage with a Canon XL2 at 720 * 480 (16:9 - 1.2, 24fps). I am importing the footage (Premiere Pro) via my smaller Sony HC85 via firewire. I am using AE for effects and compositing, encore for DVD output.

After editing a sequence about 3 minutes long, what export should I use to preserve maximum quality?

I have been using edit>export>movie and been choosing Quicktime (uncompressed) with the Planar RGB codec.

The problem is that this uncompressed file is 3GB (and takes me about 1hr to render). I am fairly certain that my raw XL2 footage would not need such a high level file, or what? (I am applying a "Filmic" filter by Magic Bullet).

Any ideas of what export options I should use for high-quality portability between PrPro and AE with DV files? We are aiming for the highest possible end result (a final 60 min pilot) but I don't want to be juggling these bowling-ball size files and renders if I can get away with less.

Any ideas?

Very much appreciated!

Christian.

Christian T. Petersen

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Exporting files from Pro to AE (or other effects programs)... what settings for DV? :-)
on Aug 31, 2005 at 11:27:16 am

Exporting as Microsoft DV AVI is actually using the Main Concept DV codec which is pretty good, but the return trip from AE will use the Microsft DV codec which is fine for one generation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]