ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

keyboard shortcuts needed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deepmine
keyboard shortcuts needed
on Aug 6, 2005 at 7:08:52 pm

Can anyone help me with some keyboard shortcuts?

1... does premiere pro have a function like Avid's "tops and tails" that can be programed to the keyboard.

2... is there a way to program one function (such as "play") to multiple keys,

3... can "add keyframe" be assigned to a key.

4... can lock and unlock tracks be assigned keys.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, J.S.

Return to posts index

David J
Re: keyboard shortcuts needed
on Aug 6, 2005 at 7:22:53 pm

The standard key assignments are easiest to see at http://siliconbaymedia.com/permiere-pro-1-5-keyshortcuts-v2a.pdf.

As for options to re-assign, investigate the various elements of Edit Menu/Keyboard Customisation.

Return to posts index

deepmine
on Aug 6, 2005 at 10:18:09 pm

Thanks for the link.
I've already been through the custom keyboard process and made some changes, but can't find any references to the ones I listed, some thing like Avid's "Tops and Tails" for example, or a way to assign one function to multiple keys, or a way to place a keyframe via the keyboard.

I'm not even sure these things are possible with PPro, but if they are, I'd like to be able to program them.

Thanks, J.S.

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
on Aug 7, 2005 at 2:28:10 am

I have no idea why you would want to assign multiple keys to the same function. Would mind explaining? As far as I can tell, it is not possible, and I have never heard anyone ask for it before.

If you explained the Avid functions, perhaps we could help. If it means automatically assign heads and tails, there is not automation for that outside of "Automate to Sequence".

Steven
Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.1 / After Effects 6.5 Pro http://www.stevengotz.com
Learning Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 http://www.lynda.com
Contributing Writer, PeachPit Press, Visual QuickPro Guide, Premiere Pro 1.5

Return to posts index

David J
on Aug 6, 2005 at 10:37:42 pm

I haven't yet found a a need to alter my keyboard shortcuts, so I'm not well versed in the small print for PPro.

But I see that there is an option to use Avid XDV keys in the customisation window. Maybe that will help if you haven't tried it already.

You may also get some more freedoms by hand editing the XML is the .kys files which you will find in the relevant sub-folder off the Premiere Pro program folder under Keyboard Shortcuts.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Aug 24, 2005 at 11:03:55 pm

That link doesn't seem to work.

-- BC

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Aug 27, 2006 at 3:59:06 pm

Did you ever manage to get a keyboard shortcut that locked/unlocked a track? I've yet to be able to figure this out in the keyboard configuration window, as I can't find the "lock" command in any of the menus.
thanks
Chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]