ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Codec Issues with OBS

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Codec Issues with OBS
on Jul 28, 2020 at 8:24:12 pm

So I have a interesting problem. I work with a lot of PC Game footage. Most of our staff captures using Nivida Shadowplay, and I have 0 issues. However one staffer uses OBS to capture, and even though I can get it into Premiere fine, My System chugs constantly. It takes 4 seconds for videos to start scrubbing, 4-8 seconds to jump the play head to another segment before i see anything in the preview window, It's nearly impossible for me to scrub through the footage in real time. This only happens with OBS footage captured by him. The annoying things is on my Bosses computers, the Footage work fine, scrubs in real time, no delays or performance issues. The work around for me is to re-export all the footage through Media Encoder, but it's time consuming. I have no idea why its doing this. the Codec info from the OBS files is below as well as my PC specs.

OBS Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC, 1920x1980, 30FPS, Decoded Format 4:2:0 YUV

My PC : GTX 980ti, 32gigs DDR4, 3TB SSD RAID 0 (x 3 1TD SSDs)

Bosses PC: GTX1080ti, 32gigs DDR4, 1 SSD, Non Raided.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Premiere, several times.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Codec Issues with OBS
on Jul 28, 2020 at 10:34:38 pm

I would compress that with something a little easier to deal with.
Is that pixel size correct?
1920x1980?
Im assuming its a typo.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Codec Issues with OBS
on Jul 29, 2020 at 3:22:04 am

i read shadowplay was the workaround for OBS as it uses heavy interframe compression. maybe your boss has an Intel Quick-sync compatible processor which Premiere can leverage the h.264
acceleration. So you either need another computer with quicksync or transcode OBS to friendlier formats, maybe there's an intraframe constant framerate version its its settings?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]