ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Here's a great ALT+Mouse Zoom FIX!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Baron
Here's a great ALT+Mouse Zoom FIX!!!
on Jul 25, 2020 at 7:36:44 am

Tl;Dr - This will disengage the premiere menu when RELEASING the left Alt key! Which is very useful to anyone who uses LAlt+mouse wheel up/down to zoom in/out on your timeline. No more having to click somewhere on the timeline each time you zoom.

So, I got sick to death of having to click somewhere every time I zoomed in and out. When you have a big project and you constantly need to zoom in/out and move around, this becomes kinda untenable. That is never how it should have worked, and Adobe should have included an option to change mouse wheel settings. But this ends up being far more useful anyway, because now, you get to KEEP your Left Alt functionality (and it doesn't break anything outside of Premiere since the script is only active for the Premiere application!) Basically all it does is tell your system to press left Alt once more upon releasing the Alt key. Credits to VisualFeast for scripting the other parts

1. Download autohotkey
2. Paste the contents of this script into a text file:

; Vegas-style / no ALT needed mouse wheel timeline zooming in Premiere by VisualFeast
; 7/9/2019

SendMode Input
Process, Priority, , High
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#SingleInstance, Force

#IfWinActive Adobe Premiere Pro
{
LAlt::
Send {ALT down}
return

LAlt up::
Send {ALT down}{ALT up}{ALT down}{ALT up}
return
}

3. Save the text file as a .ahk (call it whatever you want, as long as you put .ahk at the end)

4. Run it and you're done!

Just thought I'd post this here for anyone looking for a way to fix Premiere's god awful zoom configuration.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]