ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Asking feedback about Vectorscope YUV result

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Lee
Asking feedback about Vectorscope YUV result
on Jul 22, 2020 at 4:19:40 pm
Last Edited By Karen Lee on Jul 22, 2020 at 4:20:55 pm

Hi, I'm trying to correct skin tones using the Vectorscope and most of the hue falls on the skin line, the tail goes a little bit off line in both yellow and red directions. Is this something I can refine? Attached is screen shot of it. The skin looks pretty good, but if there's room for improvement I want to do so. TIA!

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Asking feedback about Vectorscope YUV result
on Jul 22, 2020 at 5:24:13 pm

Without seeing the source, it's hard to tell how accurate this is. Nailing the skin tone on the vectorscope doesn't necessarily mean an image that is aesthetically pleasing.

Also, there are a number of tones present in human skin, including reds and yellows, so unless you're going for a very flat look, I wouldn't worry too much about what the vectorscope looks like if the image looks good. Your audience will never see the scope: just the image on screen. You should make decisions using the scope as a tool, rather than making decisions to make the scopes happy.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 23, 2020 at 3:24:14 am

everything said above. also, what I like to do is keep the line from going over to the yellow side so it only touches the line on the left, not cross into yellow. I personally can't stand yellow skin. as for the top part, you can further refine it in 3-D dimensions by using a luma matte with hue curves so that only brighter hues or more saturated hues rotate.

Return to posts index

Karen Lee
on Jul 23, 2020 at 2:14:41 pm

Would you be more specific about where to look in the menu so I can locate the best tutorials? Not sure whether to use luma corrector, 3D perspective or perhaps another effect.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 23, 2020 at 4:24:38 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Jul 30, 2020 at 4:12:38 am

track matte

Return to posts index

Karen Lee
on Jul 23, 2020 at 1:13:29 pm

Great points, thank you both. Will tinker with it in 3-D using luma matte. I'm with you on yellow in skin, it bugs me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]