ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Kempe
This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.
on Jul 17, 2020 at 6:40:21 pm

Hi guys, today my Premiere Pro unexpectedly crashed on my and now my project that i've been worked on for the past few days gives me this message. - https://i.imgur.com/nDEQgNu.png

Unfortunately, I did not realize that my auto-save feature was off, so I do not have any previous versions available to load back up. The project crashed when I tried loading a file into the timeline, so I believe it may be either a corrupt file or potentially a cache/memory issue.

I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with recovering the project as I don't know what else to do.

Things I've Tried:
- Restart
- Importing the Project in a New Project
- Signing out of Creative Cloud, Restarting, Sign Back In

Everything i've tried brings back the same "This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements," message.

I've seen posts about using XML Wrench, however I have no experience with that program so I'm not sure if that'd be of any help.

Thank you.

(Specs)
Windows 10
Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.0 (Build 38)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 16GB Ram, NVidia Geforce GTX 1070ti

Return to posts index

Mick Kalber
Re: This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.
on Jul 18, 2020 at 3:02:44 am

Aloha Stefan...
Oddly, about two hours ago, we encountered nearly the same problem you did. Computer crashed, and subsequently we received the same message you did... project couldn't be loaded... it may be damaged, etc. We've reloaded premiere, signed out, rebooted, signed back in, etc, etc. No luck. All auto-saves for the past six weeks are apparently corrupt as well. Hope somebody has some ideas for us.

Mick Kalber
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.
on Jul 18, 2020 at 9:08:53 am

Sadly this is the risk with NLEs that store the whole project in one file.
Even auto save and auto backups can't be relied upon. It's imperative that end of session manual copies to alternate storage devices is rigidly followed.
It's why I still cut on Avid. A project is just a folder that has actual bins in it I can copy out easily.

Doesn't anyone make a premiere project repair app? Seems there would be a market for it.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 18, 2020 at 5:41:22 pm

[Pat Horridge] "It's imperative that end of session manual copies to alternate storage devices is rigidly followed."

It won't help this situation, but one idea we follow in the shop is to back up Premiere project files to DropBox. At the end of each day, each editor copies his project over to the company DropBox folder for back-up purposes. This overwrites the previous day's back-up (if you want to), so you always have the most recent version.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mick Kalber
on Jul 20, 2020 at 10:12:09 pm

I used to cut on Avid back in the 1900s... and loved it. I just liked the way Avid thought. I remember trashing preferences, etc. when we had problems... any solutions like that with premiere?

Mick Kalber
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]