ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro cs6 vs GPU

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea bianchi
Premiere pro cs6 vs GPU
on Jun 26, 2020 at 6:01:19 pm

Hi everyone, I have a pc with installed premiere pro cs6, and I have never updated to later versions because I don't want to pay subscriptions every year, currently I have installed windows 10, and a 3gb gtx 780ti video card, I would like to change the video card with a more powerful one also used but that costs little, I thought of a gtx 1060 6gb or a gtx 1070 8gb, but I don't know if it is recognized by premiere pro cs6, can someone help me?
thank you

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Premiere pro cs6 vs GPU
on Jun 26, 2020 at 10:22:52 pm

Just add the card to the cuda supported text file.
Dont know if you will benefit from a more powerfull card as most stuff is done on the cpu.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
on Jun 27, 2020 at 4:55:33 am

I've also heard you can just rename the file and then Premiere will assume your card is supported. Unlike AE which relies less on GPU, in Premiere it will improve your playback and renders.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

Andrea bianchi
on Jun 27, 2020 at 6:30:04 am

Thanks to all 2 of the answers, but I would like to start editing with premiere cs6 in 4k, with the files converted to pro-res 422, I would also have a friend willing to sell me a used gtx 960 2gb x 80 euro, and he assures me that it will work regular with cs6 premiere, but i wonder if i would notice much difference between a gtx 960 2gb and a gtx 1060 6gb?
Especially for the RAM of the cards because the gtx 1060 has 6gb instead of 2 like the gtx 960.
Or do you think the difference is not so remarkable?
thank you

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 27, 2020 at 12:09:45 pm

In theory, more is best but it'll come down to whether CS6 will utilize it.
I take it you don't work with any other codecs since your happy with CS6.
I for one had to give up that version years ago on both Mac and PC due to so many incompatibilities with my workflow and clients' requirements.

Return to posts index

Andrea bianchi
on Jun 27, 2020 at 1:00:31 pm

thank you

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
on Jun 27, 2020 at 2:27:08 pm

Although this may not provide as much of a difference as a superior CPU or additional RAM would make, you have a 4K workflow and should still see some performance increase. This is because the 1060 has superior clocking speed (being 18 months newer than what you have) and 3X the memory. Benchmark testing shows a speed increase, although I will say it's not earth-shatteringly better. Whether that difference is remarkable or not is really a personal choice and depends on the user.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Jul 3, 2020 at 10:47:28 pm

If I remember correctly, at the time of CS6 release not all the cards that would work with CS6 were on the “accepted” list. That’s how adding the card to the list came about in the first place.
I, too, am still on CS6, and one system has an “accepted” Cuda Display Card.
My laptop’s embedded NVidia Display is not on the list.
I edited that display card into that list to get it operational, though I didn’t have much hope that it would work reliably.
I have been pleasantly surprised!!
I see no difference between the ‘Authorized’ Card or my laptop ‘edited into’
System faith regards to Cuda Processing.

Take this as you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]