ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio missing on export and panning changes when clips move onto different tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Scholes
Audio missing on export and panning changes when clips move onto different tracks
on Jun 19, 2020 at 11:13:01 am

Why is audio in PP so complicated and buggy!

I'm editing a feature doc, lots of multi clips and 4 track audio. On every export there is always random audio drop outs of silence. Plays find on the timeline, but in the export its silent for certain scenes.

I worked out that for some tracks on the timeline, if certain clips are on that track it exports them silently. So track a3/a4 for e.g one scene is silent if its on that but if I drag it down to a5/a6 it exports fine.

I've tried loads of workarounds and the only thing that seems to work is having no audio at all on tracks a1-a4, so I'm going through the whole timeline moving all the audio down a few tracks so these are clear. HOWEVER, I'm now getting an incredibly annoying thing where certain tracks, which were panned centrally suddenly pan to the left when I move them.

I'm tearing my hair out over this. Anyone have any advice? I've tried duplicating the TL. creating a new one and copying and pasting, but nothing works.

If you aren't willing to change you shouldn't be editing" - Richard Marks

Return to posts index

Matt Scholes
Re: Audio missing on export and panning changes when clips move onto different tracks
on Jun 19, 2020 at 11:25:21 am

For the record I just discovered if I move the clips down and they start panning left, and I then drag them back to their original tracks, and THEN drag them down again to a new track, then panning goes back to being centred.

How utterly bizarre. This is the last time I ever choose to use Premiere for a serious long form project. It's so unstable in so many areas and really isn't fit for purpose. Adobe has had five years to sort audio out and help message boards are still full of random complaints about fundamental audio issues.

If you aren't willing to change you shouldn't be editing" - Richard Marks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]