ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best picture setting while editing on Premiere? (colour and light changes)

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Pedro Martins
Best picture setting while editing on Premiere? (colour and light changes)
on Jun 14, 2020 at 2:31:45 pm

Hey there, I'm new to the forum, although I've already read a lot from this website
Thanks in advance for any help and I hope I'm not posting this on the wrong thread...

I've been working on an animation for a while now, working with AE and Premiere but exporting through Premiere because my media encoder just crashed. It's a sci-fi music video so it has a lot of shots of a dark sky with stars shining. I always use my monitor picture settings on "movie", because dynamic is too bright and sometimes change some colours... However, when I export the video, if I decide to change the picture setting, the results change drastically. Even If I play it through my mate's laptop (wich is a Macbook, I'm working on a desktop attached to a Samsung LED TV) I can see some minor changes on the colour and brightness that already messes up some things, but the worst differences shows up on my own monitor when I change the picture settings to 'dynamic' .

An example: There's a scene with a dark tunnel that turns into a dark hole... When I change my monitor to 'dynamic' or 'sports' it totally vanishes! Because of the high contrast.

So, my questions are: is there any way I can 'control' these light/colour changes through Premiere? Should I be editing with the 'dynamic' setting on? Is there any colour profile or any settings on Premiere's export proccess that prevents those drastic changes?

Sorry if it's a very simple question, but I've beeing learning how to edit on my own, reading forums and watching tutorials, and I've never found anything more specific about it.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Best picture setting while editing on Premiere? (colour and light changes)
on Jun 14, 2020 at 4:19:56 pm

Premiere is hard coded to rec. 709 gamma 2.4 unless you buy the HDR external cards. Here's how to setup pre-calibration.
https://www.lightspace.lightillusion.com/display_calibration.html

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]