ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere freezes when moving clips on a sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Premiere freezes when moving clips on a sequence
on Jun 5, 2020 at 8:07:28 pm

I can edit with keyboard commands as long as I don't touch the sequence, but that is a workaround. If I move any clips on the sequence, especially from one track to another, the program freezes (not responding) and eventually the whole screen is grayed out and I need to close. Currently using latest CC version. Upon starting Premiere, it tells me there is a problem with the Intel video driver. I ran an update on the driver but the error still appears. I click "continue with known issues..." and try to edit until the above described crash happens.

Same problem happened with previous versions of CC but without the startup video driver error.

MSI laptop. i7-5700HQ 2.70 Ghz. 16 gig ram. Windows Home 10 64-bit.

Intel HD Graphics 5600 and GeForce GTX 970M

Should I disable the Intel GPU driver since the NVIDIA driver seems ok?

The last time I was able to edit normally on this computer was with the 2016 build of CC

Photoshop and Media encoder work ok if that matters.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Premiere freezes when moving clips on a sequence
on Jun 9, 2020 at 3:31:35 pm

If it's telling you there's a problem with that video driver, and you can disable and use the other, I would give it a shot. I will say, the new PPro CC is pretty resource intensive. I question how well that laptop will work with it.
You can always see if there are updates to the video drivers to work a little better with the new PPro.
TC

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 10, 2020 at 2:42:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. I disabled the Intel GPU driver and was able to use Premiere without the sequence issue described in my original post. However after a few minutes of working the playback of video stopped working. The sequence would play with sound but the video was missing.
Also turning off the Intel GPU eliminates the dual monitor functionality.

It is a step in the right direction but you may be right that the laptop may just not be up to the needs of CC

Mike

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jun 10, 2020 at 7:25:27 pm

I'll say, I'm working from home right now and am discovering how glitchy the newer CC can be on my home system - Win10 Pro, i7 4Ghz, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX1050. Granted, it is my home system and has a ton of other stuff on it that my work Mac does not, but there have been strange things happening now and then. LOL. I'm thinking I should have started a new user account just for working.

Did you try blowing out your preferences? Preferences from an older version don't always come into the newer version too well.

And, If you still have issues, and you are able to, you might consider using the older version of CC on that computer. It could just be struggling with the newer CC version.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 15, 2020 at 5:20:45 pm

this problem has happened with every version since 2017. I even installed CS6 to see if that would help but same problem.

I just trashed the preferences and made a new project. Imported one MXF file, made a sequence, and on 1st attempt at moving the clip on the sequence I got the hourglass and not responding.

Instead of closing Premiere I waited 13 minutes and it continue to be unresponsive, so I force stopped Premiere. It seems the computer is the problem.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 25, 2020 at 2:39:10 pm

upon further research including contacting Intel it seems my computer cannot update to the latest Intel driver. Even if I disable the Intel GPU Premiere continues to flag the Intel GPU as being incompatible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]