ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

"Advanced" rolling credits question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tejus Shah
"Advanced" rolling credits question
on Jun 3, 2020 at 10:51:19 am

Hi all, I'm looking to do something that's seemingly beyond the scope of the roll feature, but I also don't know how to do it properly.

I'm credits clip, in which I have the names roll through (simple enough). However, mine scene isn't just one large roll of a list of names. I have multiple lists of names that have a varying amount of people.

For example List A comes up, and rolls through about 11 names. Then List B comes up and rolls through 5 names. Then List C with 14 names, List 4 with 16 names, and List 5 with 6 names.

What's the proper way to roll the names so that all lists move at the same pace, regardless of the number of names in that list?

My one solution, which isn't wonderful but will work, is to animate the longest list to the pace I want it to move. Then use that as a template and just clip when the last name in that list disappears. I was hoping there was a more "scientific" approach in case names got added or deleted.

Thanks!

-Tejus

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: "Advanced" rolling credits question
on Jun 3, 2020 at 12:34:42 pm

I would use After Effects.
Premiere is a bit like digging a 20 foot trench 200 yards long for that :P

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jun 3, 2020 at 2:45:35 pm

try this method.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 3, 2020 at 6:21:32 pm

Want simple and easy...and affordable? Look at Endcrawl.com. I did rolling credits a few times with AE and photoshop and did all sorts of trickery to get things right. Endcrawl was used on the last thing I did and boy, did that save headaches.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jun 5, 2020 at 12:55:11 pm

[Tejus Shah] " I have multiple lists of names that have a varying amount of people."

If you can, combine all the lists into one master list, then roll thru. You can combine as a .txt file or in Photoshop as a PNG with transparency.

Manifesto is a great credits plugin for Ppro and it's free:

https://fxfactory.com/info/manifesto/

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Tejus Shah
on Jun 7, 2020 at 1:07:41 am

All,

Thanks for the suggestions! What I ended up doing was determining the longest list and animating that pace. Then for the other lists, I just duplicated it and edited the names out and cut the clip after that last name was displayed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]