ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

xml translation error

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Griswold
xml translation error
on Jun 2, 2020 at 2:55:42 pm

Hello, I'm trying to get my Premier Pro 2020 HD timeline into Resolve 16 via XML or AAF, but I'm getting translation errors with some of my source clips preventing Resolve from importing the footage. I'm working with Sony XOCN Raw (S-Gamut/S-Log3) 6K files and 4K dpx (Full Range) files. There are no effects other than scale on the clips. The error says:
Effect on Clip not translated.
I'm getting a similar error for the dpx files.

Thanks in advance!
J

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: xml translation error
on Jun 2, 2020 at 3:09:38 pm

Have you tried the DPX solo? And vice versa?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 2, 2020 at 3:10:42 pm

Also, export a sequence of each at their native format/size to see if its the scaling to HD that's causing it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Griswold
on Jun 2, 2020 at 3:41:05 pm

Thank you Eric. I tried that on two different clips and they both came in. The scale of the clips may be interfering with the import, however, I've brought other timelines into resolve (before Resolve version 16 and before XOCN) with multiple scale sizes on 4K clips with no issues. I wonder what is making this such an issue?

Thank you for you help!
J

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 3, 2020 at 2:17:02 am

[Jeff Griswold] " The scale of the clips may be interfering with the import,"

As usual, I inherited a nightmare project from Premiere where the original editor went a bit much on the scaling and even animated framing.
Even with other formats, it tends to act up in Resolve.
I warn clients to avoid that or strip all oddities before handing me over a project.
Or I have to charge for clean-up :P
I haven't run into this issue of late but I work mostly with RED files and they have always been easy to deal with coming from the other three NLEs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]