ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How Do I Equalize MANY Different Clips's Audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Pokorny
How Do I Equalize MANY Different Clips's Audio?
on May 27, 2020 at 8:40:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

First time, long time. I am working on a big project that includes submissions from various companies with pre-produced videos. Some of the audio is fine, while some of it is just too loud or too soft.

What are the best ways to equalize all of the audio to hit relatively the same peaks and valleys? I don't want some of the videos to be noticeably louder than others.

If needed, I can use Adobe Audacity but am far from a pro at it.

Thank you so much!

- Roger

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How Do I Equalize MANY Different Clips's Audio?
on May 27, 2020 at 10:13:42 pm

Manually lower and raise audio on the timeline. You can keyframe the audio and do a decent mix in Premiere.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: How Do I Equalize MANY Different Clips's Audio?
on May 28, 2020 at 4:20:30 am

1. Select the voice clips you want to have set to the the same level. Tag them as Dialog in the Essential Sound panel.
2. Turn on Loudness>Auto-match. This will scan through each file and adjust it to a LUFS level of -23dB. Each clip will be adjusted by a different amount, but the total perceived volume between all the clips should be the roughly the same.
3. "get my voice volume anywhere close to 0dB or even 3dB" What needs to happen next is to add an equal amount of make up gain to raise all the clips by the same amount. So, with all the clips still selected, turn up the "Clip Volume>Level..." section of the Essential Sound panel. Play the audio and watch the meter. Adjust the Level slider until you reach the desired output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]