ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

building new pc for Vegas, or should I be switching to the latest Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Charles
building new pc for Vegas, or should I be switching to the latest Premiere Pro?
on May 26, 2020 at 3:49:59 am

I'm building a new pc to fit Vegas.
What do the latest versions of Vegas prefer hardware wise?
Also, am I missing out on the latest Premiere Pro? If I'm gonna learn a program I'd rather stick to one, but in the past week, Adobe had some sort of major update where things render 4x faster, what GPU do I want for both programs? I also use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: building new pc for Vegas, or should I be switching to the latest Premiere Pro?
on May 26, 2020 at 3:31:53 pm

My Vegas review might be helpful. I tested this with a custom Puget PC. I loosely describe the specs they used in the article. And I compared performance with Resolve and Premiere Pro.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/review-vegas-pro-17/

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
Re: building new pc for Vegas, or should I be switching to the latest Premiere Pro?
on May 26, 2020 at 9:44:55 pm

Thanks Oliver -

I never knew about Vegas Effects and it being like Adobe After Effects (I've never used) but figured I would in the future when I get into more involved graphics and editing.

That being said, I'm sticking with Vegas, I'm trying to put together a PC on my own. I'm having trouble purchasing some items - out of stock or they are raised prices. I have the sub $1,000 budget for something handling 4k 60p footage in Vegas, and fast Lightroom and Photoshop. What are the best bangs for my buck right now?

So far I've bought the
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread,
I saw that you mentioned Intel Xeon or Core i9 processor as well though.
RAM, I have G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

What about an X570 motherboard? power supply? Graphics card?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 26, 2020 at 9:54:37 pm

[Derek Charles] "What are the best bangs for my buck right now?"

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I'm mainly a Mac guy and have never built a custom PC on my own. Just too much of a science experiment for my taste. Although I've owned several PCs for editing over my career and we have a few in the household for general purposes.

If you go to Puget Systems' site you can see the various configurations that they suggest. My comment regarding the AMD versus the Core i9 was based on my previous review of their PC. That was configured with an Intel and it seemed to get slightly better results and maybe a bit more stable. But both options were very solid overall.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
on May 26, 2020 at 10:09:25 pm

Thanks again! I've made another thread about the specific parts for my needs. -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]