ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Relinking Green Screen to Keyed Footage, No Transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel DeStefano
Relinking Green Screen to Keyed Footage, No Transparency
on May 18, 2020 at 8:43:35 pm

This is a bizarre issue... I used green screen footage to edit, footage I used "Merge Clip" to merge with audio... and I just keyed out the green screen in After Effects. Now I replaced the green screen footage with the keyed footage and it's displaying with black instead of transparency. When I double click on the original footage in the browser, it shows transparency. But when I double click on the merged clip, it shows black.

Another bizarre thing, when I made both the merged clip and the original clip offline, they didn't go offline. I could still fully play back the clips. I even changed their file names and moved the files, but Premiere still played back the clips. I did have proxies attached and turned off the proxies to see if that changed anything, but it didn't.

This is a "I'm gonna throw up, why is this happening" kind of issue given the fact that I have thirty minutes of three second clips that I would have to relink manually if this continues to glitch out. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Daniel DeStefano
Re: Relinking Green Screen to Keyed Footage, No Transparency
on May 18, 2020 at 9:35:02 pm

FYI I have resorted to using shift+alt and dragging the clean export (not the merged file) onto the clips that won't show transparency. shift+alt is going to make this a LOT easier, I thought alt+drag was the only option. Still a pain in the ass, but doable. Still would appreciate any knowledge on the subject!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]