Make Proxies Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fernando alves
Make Proxies Premiere
on May 18, 2020 at 2:37:02 am
Last Edited By fernando alves on May 18, 2020 at 2:38:02 am

Hello,

I have some material in 4K and 6k from Alexa and Red. What I use to do, I transcode this material to Apple Pro Res Proxy and preserve the original frame size. I use this workflow because I don’t want to resize my material when I link to the original file. If the proxy is the same frame size of the original camera file, any scale intervention will be the same in both files. Am I right? Or can I transcode the file changing the frame size (example: 6k to 720p) and when I scale a proxy file image (720p) it will be the same when I relink to the original 6k câmera file? What is the right way to transcode a file? Preserve the original frame size or reduce it?
I love Apple Pro Res Proxy. I can edit fast and the image quality is good, but the files are too large.Want to know others codecs that I can use. A codec similar to Pro Res Proxy( good image quality and fast to edit), but smaller files size. I have tried H264, but didn’t like it. Yes it is smaller, but it doesn’t play as smooth as Pro Res.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Make Proxies Premiere
on May 18, 2020 at 6:42:19 am

There are multiple ways to use the Proxy workflow with Premiere Pro. Some of them allow you to have proxies with a different resolution than the original : https://blog.frame.io/2017/03/20/premiere-pro-proxies/

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC : https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

fernando alves
Re: Make Proxies Premiere
on May 19, 2020 at 1:04:17 am

Hi Antoine Dorni,

Nice one. Thanks for this article! Cristal clear. Solve my doubts about these issue.

Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]