ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cutting a clip creates a duplicate clip marker, and now I have hundreds

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Coster
Cutting a clip creates a duplicate clip marker, and now I have hundreds
on May 14, 2020 at 8:28:54 pm

Hello,

I currently have markers that must be set within a nested sequence (therefore technically a clip marker), and am looking to quickly navigate through them using the "Sequence Timecode" option in the markers panel. That way, my playhead automatically jumps to that marker. (I had to first hit the "Reveal all clip markers" setting in order to show all of my clip markers).

The problem is that when I hit that option, many duplicate markers appear. I realized that they are corresponding to the cuts that I made on the clip. If I added another cut, it counts the marker again for the new clip, since the marker has a duration that overlaps the cut. But now I am flooded with a bunch of the same markers and its even more difficult to navigate when having to scroll through them all.

Shouldn't the markers not be affected by cutting since they are embedded as sequence markers within the nest? Can I stop it from creating additional markers when cutting? Am I just unable to make markers with any sort of duration due to the notion that cutting them will split them into two markers?

Thanks,
Bradley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]