ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

No CUDA graphics

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Tejada Flores
No CUDA graphics
on May 8, 2020 at 10:36:58 pm

I have a NVidia 980 card on a Mac running Hugh Sierra. It has been behaving perfectly for a couple of years. Now every time I boot up I get several white bars rolling upwards. Then when I log in I get the NVidia update screen that says "No GPU detected" I open Premiere Pro and it does not give me the CUDA option. What should I do?

Return to posts index

Tod Hopkins
Re: No CUDA graphics
on May 9, 2020 at 6:53:03 pm

It sounds like your GPU has failed if nVidia can't detect a GPU. Do you have two cards? Check your System Info and see if it reports the nVidia card. You might try pulling and re-seatting the card. You might also try running the Apple Diagnostics for your machine.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

If the machine is older than 2013, you need the Apple Hardware Test. See the link in the above article.

As for Premiere, current versions don't have a CUDA option (2018+ I think), but assuming you haven't updated, then this might also be a failed card.

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Rick Tejada Flores
Re: No CUDA graphics
on May 9, 2020 at 7:11:26 pm

Many thanks. I was looking around and someone posted that they had the same problem when they upgraded the driver from the NVidia update screen that came up. I went to a site that has all the old drivers, found the right one for my system and installed it. That solved the problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]