ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Unresponsive during encode

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
John Riker
Unresponsive during encode
on Apr 27, 2020 at 8:19:59 pm
Last Edited By John Riker on Apr 29, 2020 at 12:51:48 pm

OK so running Premiere Pro 2019. Would use 2020 but it crashes my system completely. Like not Premiere but the whole server. So moving back to 2019. When I encode videos my system will still respond to Remote Desktop and the like but Premiere itself or even Media Encoder if I go that path is locked up. Now it's working but says not responding. I have 24 cores in a CPU and they are all 100 percent. I have a Quadro M4000 GPU and doing CUDA encoding. That's running in Copy mode apparently and using 14% of the GPU. Hard drive space is a lot.

Basically once it starts encoding it will eventually say Not Responding on the top and no updates to time left status if it even gets a status on the screen at all. Only way to tell it's working is Task Manager and also if I use a tool to interrogate the video file being generated, it will then allow me to see the file size is still growing. This is 4k content encoding with HEVC. Also uses NeatVideo as part of it.

Think everyone is either busy sheltering in place or doesn't have this issue, but this is an example of what it looks like once it's actually done:

stuck.png

So I know it's done because the resulting mp4 has a file size now. This happens with Premiere 2018, 2019 and Media Encoder 2019. Fresh install of Windows 10 as well.

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Unresponsive during encode
on Apr 30, 2020 at 8:22:32 pm

Do you have the same behavior with AfterCodecs ? It's an exporter plugin for Adobe https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/ and there is a free trial to test; Might help to know if the bug comes from Premiere Pro rendering engine or the exporter

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC : https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]