ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro cs6 and Matrox MX02 Mini

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Guzik
Premiere Pro cs6 and Matrox MX02 Mini
on Apr 27, 2020 at 4:13:29 am

Hi,
I have worked with this problem without trying to fix it because there never was enough time. I cannot hear the sound when capturing or on playback on the timeline on my Premiere Pro cs6 which I have captured with Matrox MX02 Mini. I have no problem if I use firewire. I also can hear it on a TV that I connected with HDMI cable from the Matrox. I have tried everything that has been suggested and gone over manuals and training tapes and cannot find a solution. This is driving me crazy. This is a stupid question, but if I am playing a timeline and plug headphones into the PC (windows pro 7), should I hear the audio? The only connections for output on the mini is from the host to the computer and from HDMI to the TV Input is SVideo from, a VCR that is also a DVD recorder. Thanks for any help or advice.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Premiere Pro cs6 and Matrox MX02 Mini
on Apr 28, 2020 at 10:06:55 am

In Premiere Pro, what your you audio hardware settings in Preferences?

In the good old tape capture days, sometimes you would need to select your outboard device for capture, but then switch to your on board audio card during edit. That would then disable output to your outboard monitor. With some devices you could not have both; it was either/or.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Apr 29, 2020 at 3:08:42 pm

Premiere Pro WDM Sound
ASIO
Input No device
Output
Speaker (Realtek High Definition Audio is checked.

Under Audio Mapping
Use File

On the Matrox Mini there are only inputs. The only output that I have is HDMI from the Mini to a TV which is how I have been editing all the time. Since I use Encore and my computer to burn a DVD, I do not have any recording device which is how the manual shows the setup.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Apr 29, 2020 at 10:20:02 pm

Hi,
Just found out that I have no sound when the timeline plays even though I captured it through the firewire. I heard it when it was recording and the meters show that there is audio.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Apr 30, 2020 at 6:18:46 pm

Set your audio capture for 24 bit audio!
MX02 does this too!

Ask me how I know!

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Apr 30, 2020 at 6:20:29 pm

All your captures will have to be re-done !
Again, ask me how I know!!

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Apr 30, 2020 at 7:52:22 pm

Jan,
Thanks for your response. Under Audio Hardware Settings there is no device for output and it is not checked for 32 bit recording. Safe Harbor Computers built this PC for me in 2013 and I have had this problem from the beginning. and a tech actually used teamviewer and looked at all my settings. He said they were all correct and he couldn't understand why this wasn't working. So, I lived with it and edited using the sound from the TV that I connected with HDMI. Now with the lock down I have the time to work on this.

My thoughts are it has to do with the way I have the MX02 connected. The only outputs are the host and the hdmi to the TV. When I capture with the firewire, I can hear the sound while it is capturing, but I still can't hear it with the timeline. If I capture with the MX02, I don't hear it during capture, no meters showing, and not through the TV. When I play it back still can't hear it on the timeline, the meters show that sound it playing and I can hear it on the TV.

I use the firewire connection most of the time because I have recordings on mini DV tapes that I burn DVDs using Encore. But I do have some SVHS tapes and I have a VCR that also has a DVD recorder that I have connected to the MX02. Sorry that this is so long, but this has become very frustrating for me. My thoughts are what if I connected the output from the hdmi/dvi to the hdmi on my computer since it works when connected to the TV. Or would this create a loop of some sort or not work. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Apr 30, 2020 at 8:26:24 pm

In the MX02 settings set audio capture for 24 bit audio. Pro CS6 does not support 16 bit audio for captures.
In PPRO, you have to configure output for MX02. However then you need to listen to MX02 output.... Say via hdmi cable

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 1, 2020 at 12:53:46 am

I certainly hope you have updated your Matrox software since 2013.
I’m using a MX02, not mini, but I guarantee you it is 100% solid in operation with CS6!
Again—MX02 here, but since CS6 (you use 6.05, right?) there has been 2 MX02 updates V7 & V8 from Matrox for CS6.

Now a caution: Do not download last version of Matrox drivers: Just Specific version for Premiere CS6! There are specific versions for Final Cut, Avid, etc.
Loading Wrong version of Matrox drivers will guarantee it will not work. If necessary, call Matrox to find out what is latest version for Premiere CS6.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 1, 2020 at 1:01:56 am

Here is the forum you want for Matrox MX02 Mini.
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=16
Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 2, 2020 at 1:02:38 pm

I was hoping you’d respond by now. 2013 is a long way away.
What version PPRO CS6 are you using?
What version Matrox drivers are you using?
Have you contacted Matrox to see if there is an update? (At least to download it and have it available?)..

The only connection I have with computer is the
Data connection. That’s all you need. Everything else is I/O..
My guess is something was not installed correctly from day one,
You should see audio and video hardware interconnects via PPRO.

MATROX MX02 here is battleship solid on CS6.05

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 2, 2020 at 1:06:46 pm

PS to this....

Other than DV capture in PPRO. You know you should use Matrox Capture
Software and set it for 24 bit audio capture, right??

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on May 2, 2020 at 2:41:08 pm

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it. Sorry, but other issues need my attention right now and that it was I haven't responded. Harbor Computers set up this computer completely with installing all the programs I wanted. When I received it, I only had to connect the MX20 which I did following the instructions. This did not work from the start. I contacted Harbor and a tech who also has the MX20 logged into my computer and checked all of my settings. He could find nothing wrong and didn't know why it wasn't working. Since I had projects to do, I just worked around the problem and have been doing it ever since with a lot of business projects completed with no complaints. Now that I had some time, I decided to see if I could solve the problem. This is strictly a computer for my video editing. I do nothing else on this computer.

I just have this feeling that it has something to do with the output from the MX02, because the sound works great when I capture and have the TV on. The output is from the HDMI DV out to the TV HDMI DV in. That is the only connection that I have. I cannot get back this right now, but when I do I will revisit your posts. I probably will be in touch sometime again, but don't know when.

I just checked and all of my Adobe program updates are update. I will have to follow your instructions to check Matrox the first chance I get. Thank you for all of the info.
Victoria

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 11, 2020 at 12:52:41 pm

Let a week or so go by then chased down this thread.... to see if I could help any further.....

It appears that this is low priority.... If you paid someone to build this for you, and it doesn't work.... and you wait years before posting at a user's site...... Well the writing is on the wall....

I can only answer for my CS6 and MX02 systems.... I've got 2... One on Edit system with PPRO CS6, and one on an old Dell Inspiron 1720 as a remote capture system.... BOTH of which are working flawlessly...

Good luck getting it to work correctly now....

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on May 11, 2020 at 2:10:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have worked all week trying to solve this problem. Doing that I have concluded that it is not the Mini or Premiere. The sound is coming through when attached to the TV so it is working. When I play the timeline and look at the sound through the control panel, I see the meters working. So, I think as far as the Mini is concerned the sound is going in, but for some reason not going out. Even when I try to record through firewire. And this just happened recently. I have contacted Safe Harbor and if I get no response I will try to locate a tech in my area. I can still edit my projects, it is just frustrating to have to listen to the sound through the TV. Again, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.
Victoria

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]