ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Thinking about moving a doc film from FCP X to Premiere. Is it as easy to search for specific moments in footage?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Thinking about moving a doc film from FCP X to Premiere. Is it as easy to search for specific moments in footage?
on Apr 15, 2020 at 2:53:31 pm

I have a student project that's a verite film. Some interviews done but mostly footage of reforestation workers. I probably have like over 70 hours. I worked in FCP X. I spent way too much time logging it, but I logged the f%#! out of it with keywords. I keyworded it so you can easily find a 2 shot that wide with any two particular people, and I put transcripts for interviews or events at work are put in clip notes.

I got some grant funding and I'm now moving the project forward. I have enough funding for an editor for 6 months or so, so I can turn this into a real quality doc with fantasies of PBS broadcast in my head.

Question: the editor I chose works in Premiere. She's the right fit for the specs I was looking for (local, bilingual, verite experience). I could send the library over to her with the program X to 7 and some of the metadata is saved. Or I could ask her to learn FCP X. Part of me thinks since we're making a verite film and so much of that will come out in the editing, all that metadata is particularly useful. If it was a more traditional doc where I knew more closely what the scenes and beats are from the get-go, then I probably wouldn't consider asking her to learn FCP.

Thoughts? I know I can use Xto7 but I'm not familiar with Premiere. I know it will create a separate bin for each keyword but I dont know how searching works in the program and if I'll lose the search abilities I have now with a move.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Thinking about moving a doc film from FCP X to Premiere. Is it as easy to search for specific moments in footage?
on Apr 16, 2020 at 12:54:34 pm

Use XtoCC and yes it will transfer all that meta you created.
There is a detailed PDF at their site

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Xto7/help/XtoCC%20-%20Help...

I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]