ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multicam editing 3 cameras with several takes of each scene as separate clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lewis
Multicam editing 3 cameras with several takes of each scene as separate clips
on Mar 31, 2020 at 1:20:53 pm

I am new to Adobe Premiere (many years on AVID and even FCP 7 "back in the day").

I have a project which contains a dramatic scene shot with 3 cameras and separate high quality audio. There are
SEVERAL takes of various parts of the scene, all recorded as separate clips (they are manually slated/sound clack).

In my Media Browser Window I now have folders for each camera (1,2, and 3). Each folder contains all the scenes
shot that day (other scene, irrelevant to this scene) including the separate takes for this scene. Thus, I have three
folders each containing separate clips for the various takes.

Here is what I'm trying to do:

1) Create a multi-cam sequence of the three cameras for each take (preferably on one time line).
2) Sync the separate master sound to these Multicam sequences.
3) Grade and edit each take so I have the "best" of each take.
4) Create a final edit of the sequence using the best cuts of the various takes (with the master sound).

As I say, I am a novice with Premiere Pro. Unless there is a better way, it appears I have to create a separate
New Bin for each take of the cameras and from there create the "Mulit-Camera Source Sequence". and then
edit each take from there. This looks lugubrious.

Is there a way where I can take ALL the takes (separate clips) from EACH camera and create this new Bin and
then create the Multi-Camera Source Sequence? I would sync the sources up via the audio. I would think
I could use the "All Cameras" option.

Then, unless there is a way of syncing up my separate audio recording of all the takes (one recording NON VIDEO
recording source), I would then sync up the takes manually (I'm pretty good at that, but it is also somewhat
time consuming).

Greatly appreciate assistance with this ( I have two or three more sequences like this to edit in the future).

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY AGAINST THE CORONA VIRUS!

Best to you all.
David
DCL Media

David C. Lewis
Editor- Director
DCL Video Productions

Return to posts index

Santanu Bhattacharjee
Re: Multicam editing 3 cameras with several takes of each scene as separate clips
on Mar 31, 2020 at 8:01:54 pm

I find Premiere sync quite messy. I use Plural eyes from Red Giant instead. What I don't like about PP is that it creates indefinite number of layers and you need to scroll vertically to find your clip. Unlike PP, PE uses 3 layers for 3 cameras that are easily manageable.

Santanu
https://www.santanu.biz

Santanu Productions, Mumbai
The Swiss Army Knife for All Your Creative Needs

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Multicam editing 3 cameras with several takes of each scene as separate clips
on Apr 1, 2020 at 11:50:17 am

Do you have sync timecode ?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]