ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Capturing Remote Interviews (Skype, Webex, etc.)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Pierce
Capturing Remote Interviews (Skype, Webex, etc.)
on Mar 23, 2020 at 3:35:05 pm

Hi Everybody,
This is likely off topic a bit, but given the current situation I'm sure lots of editors and producers out there have similar questions. It's far from an ideal situation but it's a way editors can generate some revenue in these dark days.

I have a corporate client that is interested in having us conduct interviews with executives remotely and capture and edit the clips. I know Skype has a record function but the quality seems poor and there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid recording the split screen.

It seems that en external web cam is better than the built in camera and mic in most laptops (the highest rated ones are back ordered everywhere).

One thought I had was to simply have folks record themselves via their phone's selfie mode, and have the interviewer conduct the interview by landline conference call. The downside of this is that we won't be able to see what's going on, unless there's a way to record and video call simultaneously?

If anyone out there has experience with this and wants to share it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bob Pierce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]