ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Bring Picture-in-picture to full screen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Søgaard
Bring Picture-in-picture to full screen
on Mar 22, 2020 at 8:14:06 pm

Hi,
Im doing a video review of an iPhone App, where i record myself while trying out features on my phone. Im running screen-capture on the iPhone and i have managed to create a clip sequence with video of me in full screen and the iphone screen capture shown in top right corner ( picture in picture, i believe).

Now i want a transition where the small picture (screen capture) scales up and becomes full screen, and later scales down to the top right corner again. Is that something i can do in Premiere pro? Is it an After Effects thing? Does anyone have a link to a guide etc? Or just know what that effect is called, then I will google it myself ☺

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Bring Picture-in-picture to full screen
on Mar 26, 2020 at 1:27:05 pm

This is certainly something you can do in Premiere Pro, using the size and position control elements under Motion.

Here's how to do it easy with a little front end prep. In the project, using the same resolution as your edit, Make a color matte element to create your presets with. They generally default to five seconds in length.

Using keyframes in that color matte, move it back to the position you want - two keyframes each for size and position at the beginning of the matte. Then copy those frames and paste them to the end of the matte, reversing their order.

Tweak keyframe positions if needed and set any easy in/easy out setting you want.

Click the three line menu next to "Effect Controls" on the tab, then click on "Save Preset". You can name it, make notes about it, etc. Lock the effect to the In Point.

Now you can drop this preset on any clip and quickly tweak keyframe location to move it to the same place, same speed, every time.

Working with a long clip? Cut the clip (CTRL+K) where you want the in and out to happen. Drop the preset and position keyframes as desired. Do this a few times and you'll have an easy, fast rhythm for getting it done.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]