ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Refresh my memory PPRO CS6 DV Capture

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Refresh my memory PPRO CS6 DV Capture
on Mar 17, 2020 at 12:28:50 am

I can't remember the last time I had to do a DV Capture with PPRO.... I've never gone past CS6 by the way.....
Anyway I went into record after setting the location of the file storage.... and when I got done I found that the Capture had done a pristine Scene Detect, capturing all scenes from the DV tape perfectly......

Only problem is.... I didn't have Scene Detect turned on!!!

Fortunately.... The Scene Detect was flawless.... and I just put the scenes together one after another.... I only had to capture about 3 min of footage.... Thankfully it wasn't an hour long program!!!

Seeing that I didn't have scene detect turned on.... and I didn't set a beginning and end point.... just went into record.... I figure if I had to do it again, I'd set a beginning and end point and then record all....

It's been so long since I had to do a DV capture, that I don't ever recall Scene Detect kick in on it's own.....

Anybody remember CS6 doing this, and if so... Work Around? (For Next Time! :)! )

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Refresh my memory PPRO CS6 DV Capture
on Mar 17, 2020 at 1:44:33 am

Check preferences.
I am sure you can Google the Premiere CS6 manual out there.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: Refresh my memory PPRO CS6 DV Capture
on Mar 17, 2020 at 12:51:34 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.... I didn't recall that being a Preference option, but I went and checked..... Nope! It's not an option in Preferences....

So... went back into same project... and captured it all over again.... Did same thing as before... inserted tape, shuttled via Capture Control to start point, and hit record in capture.....

Surprise Surprise! This time it recorded as one clip!

Like I said before.... I doubt that I've done a DV Capture in 5 or more years.... Betcha it'll be that long until the next one!!
Thanks anyway...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]