ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro chroma key bug

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Johnson
Premiere Pro chroma key bug
on Mar 16, 2020 at 3:36:07 pm

Hello all,

I'm running into a strange bug with Premiere Pro 13.1.4.

I produce and edit online learning videos for a university, so I deal with lots of green screen footage. Lately the edge of the frame of my green screen footage has been glitching back into the videos, not just in the timeline playback but in my exports as well.

I've attached a couple of screenshots, one being the culprit against a while background and the second being the order of effects I have on the clip. Has anyone else run into this problem? I seem to recall having the issue once months before, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I fixed it.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Also, before anyone suggests updating Premiere, the version in question is the most recent version my workplace supports, so that's as far as I can update for the time being.

Thanks!

Ben

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Premiere Pro chroma key bug
on Mar 17, 2020 at 12:44:45 pm

Is that the edge of your original frame?
If so, apply a Crop and trim in the side a bit.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Ben Johnson
Re: Premiere Pro chroma key bug
on Mar 17, 2020 at 12:51:40 pm

It is indeed the edge of the original frame, and I do have a crop applied to trim that corner (see second screenshot).

It's not there permanently, it flickers on and off. When I'm editing in the timeline I can see it sometimes (mainly when editing titles) but literally any change within Premiere will make it disappear. Selecting a different layer, selecting a different tool, solo an audio track, and boom: it's gone.

That lead me to believe it's just a timeline playback issue and an exported version wouldn't contain the flickering corner, but alas, it pops in and out of the exported video as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]